Chapter 35

Lucy's P.O.V.

When we arrived at the train station, everyone from the guild was slowly making their way off.

"Natsu! Lucy!"

"Hmm?"

I look down and see little Asuka wrap around my leg.

"Hey there, Asuka," I giggle, lifting the little girl up. 

"I missed you guys," she pouts, wrapping her small arms around my neck.

"Aww, that's so sweet Asuka," I smile, giving the little girl a kiss on the cheek. "But let's be real... You missed me more," I whisper loudly for everyone to hear.

Natsu gives me a questioning look as Asuka looks around.

"Yeah, I did," she whisper just as loud making everyone laugh.

"And here I thought I was your favorite, squirt," Natsu chuckles, grabbing her from my arms and tossing her up into the air a few times, making her squeal in laughter.

"Natsu and Lucy are both my favorite," she giggles once he stopped.

"Much better," he grins playfully, ruffling her hair a bit.

"You two are so good with her," Bisca smiles. 

"I have to agree. You two will make great parents in the future," Makarov smirks.

That's right! He knows we're mates!

My face heats up involuntarily and I quickly cover my face.

From the corner of my eye, I see Natsu use his scarf to cover his face while Asuka giggles.

"He blushed! He blushed!" she giggles.

Everyone is grinning at us while I just wanted to go curl up in a dark place and never be found.

"Alright, that's enough teasing," Alzack chuckles, grabbing Asuka from Natsu. "Let's use this day to explore all of Crocus and get souvenirs to bring back."

"I'll lead you back to the hotel," Erza smiles.

Erza gave us a look that told us to run before anymore people could tease us and that's exactly what we did.

"Bye everyone! See ya later!" Natsu shouts as he picks me up and runs off.

"N-Natsu! Put me down," I squeak out as I grasp onto his shirt tightly.

"Not until we get away," he whispers, running even faster.

Once we were far enough, he lets me down gently and grabs me by the waist.

Looking around, I see were in a deserted ally way. 

"Why'd you bring us in here?" I ask looking up at him.

"No clue," he answers, leaning his head against mine. "You know... it's way pass the s-class trials... right?"

"Yeah, I know," I laugh.

"When we get back, I'm marking you," he grins making me roll my eyes. 

"You will do no such thing with Wendy, Happy, and Carla in the house."

"Who says we'd do it in the house?" He ask with a mischievous smirk making me blush.

"Shut up," I mumble out in embarrassment, hiding my face in his chest.

All I get is a deep chuckle as a response along with a kiss to my head.

Grabbing my hand, he leads me out to a busy street with a bunch of shops. The entire street was decorated in an assortment of flowers bringing a pleasant fragrance to the air.