A

It was cold outside, Akari noted, it's like spring never came.

"First day of middle school, huh, Acchan?" Tetsuya's mother wrapped the cardigan around her body tighter as she approached the two now-middle schoolers who was standing in front of Tetsuya's house.

Tetsuya had both his hands on the handle of the bike—Akari and him had practiced riding the bike with their uniform on over the holidays, and no matter how silly it sounded, it actually managed to calm Akari's overthinking mind down, even just a bit.

"It's a shame that Tatsuya-kun can't be here to send his daughter off," she continued and to that Akari snorted, rolling his eyes.

Was she disappointed that he had to leave the night before, on a sudden business trip to Sapporo? Well, yes. But Akari understood that he was doing everything he could for her, so she was in no position to complain. And besides, she was used to it.

"We can send him a picture," Tetsu suggested and Akari glanced at him with an eyebrow raised.

"You're right!"

The older woman fished out her phone from her hand, snapping one with flash on without warning.

"R-retake that!" Akari flinched at her own tone, but she was for sure not ready when Tetsuya's mother snapped the picture. She dropped her bag on the basket of the bike, scrambling to get the phone from her hand.

"Ehh, why?" Her tone was teasing, causing Akari to frown and blush a little, still grasping for the phone who was hidden away behind her body.

"I look bad!" She whined, finally stopping to cross her arms on her chest.

"Hehh?" Masashi's voice was suddenly heard as he exited the door, already in his school outfit. "But Nee-chan looks really pretty in her new uniform, though?" He asked, tilting his head, and Akari almost pinched his cheeks if it wasn't for how embarrassed she was.

"Oh, my!" Tetsuya's mother seemed to be in glee hearing one of her sons compliment Akari. "Did you hear Tetsuya? Do you think Acchan looks pretty?"

Akari turned to look at Tetsuya, who had been quiet all this time, with narrowed eyes. He stared right back at her, eyes trailing down her body to her shoes before going back up to her face.

Then, he turned to his mother.

"Sure."

"Sure!?" An irk mark appeared on Akari's head as she lightly hit Tetsuya on the shoulders. "Tell me the truth!"

Tetsuya blinked at her, "but I am..?"

Akari rolled her eyes, though a hint of red seemed to tint her cheeks.

"Whatever! Let's just go to school, we don't want to be late."