12

Countdown to Athanasia's birthday:

1 day

~~~~~

"You girls sure love crepes very much. So, the usual?"

"Yes, thank you."

The girls find a spot to sit while waiting.

"Jeannette, I think we should stop eating crepes so often."

"Eh, why?"

"Yesterday, I read an article about too much intake of crepes can increase the rate of heart diocese."

"About that, you don't have to worry." Ijekiel was just coming out of the kitchen with their crepes. "It has been confirmed by the world's best food scientist that our crepes are healthy for you to consume everyday."

"...Your shop sure is rich, being able to invite someone like that."

"It is sponsored by Mr Alger, our school's principal as known as your very own biological father, Athanasia." Ijekiel smiled brightly, enough for the two girls to go blind.

"Wha-- how did he know I come here?"

"It is because I have been watching over you and reporting your actions to sir Claude, princess." A familiar voice came from the table next to theirs.

"...Felix?!"

"Worry not, princess. I did not mention anything about sir Lucas working here."

[*Lucas sneezed*]

["Oh my, does your girlfriend miss you?"]

Well, what can she do about her over-protective father? He is willing to do anything for his daughter's health and happiness. The girl looked outside of the window, wondering how does her mother looks like. She was lost in thought until she didn't realize Jeannette was calling her for quite some time.

"--thy... Athy. Athanasia!" She finally came back to reality. "Let's go, I'm done eating." They left the shop and went straight home. There's a lot of homework due tomorrow.

_____

"Lucas~ It's someone's birthday tomorrow~"

"Shut up, Kiel."

"So... how's your wrapping going?"

"I got the gift wrapping store girl to wrap it for me, since it's free."

Ijekiel knew the girl only gave Lucas for free because of his looks. No gift wrapping store in this place gives you free wrapping service, but of course  he wouldn't say it out.

_____

"Tomorrow... huh..."

Athanasia thought as she looked at her mother's portrait on the wall.

"Princess, dinner is ready."

"Oh thanks, I'm coming now."

As they were having dinner, Claude looked like he wanted to say something. Athanasia was curious so she asked him.

"What's wrong, daddy?"

He just asked her to continue eating and did not answer his daughter's question, not until when they both finished their meals.

"Do you want to visit your mother?"

"Of course. That's what we always do."

After dinner, Claude brought Athanasia to a room upstairs. It's a room filled with all kinds of beautiful flowers.

"Choose for your mother."

"Ah, oh, okay."

Athanasia looked around the room. There so many flowers that she forgot she's in her house. A bouquet of rose caught her eyes and she thought her mother might like it. So she pointed it out to her father.

"Daddy, this one."

Claude took the flower and handed it to a maid.

"Prepare this tomorrow."

"Yes, sir."

______

I'M SO SORRY AHHHH I TOTALLY FORGOT BOUT THIS!!!!!!!! I did it last minute so it's not so good sobsob I'm reaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyyyyyy sorry everyone! );

I'm busy with school work lately so I'll see if I have time to update the next chapter asap I'm really sorry I said in the previous chapter that this one will be published on the 15th but I DIDN'T DO IT

IF I managed to get the next chapter done by tomorrow, then I can get this book back on schedule.

~Lin