04

I wake up and look at my alarm clock: 7:30 am it reads. I walk over to my dresser and look in the mirror. I look at my necklaces both are beautiful. How did I get so lucky? I decide to get dressed into a blue themed outfit to match my new necklace. I walk to my bathroom and brush my teeth. When I look back up into the mirror I see a face look at me. I blink and it was gone. "What was that?" I think out loud. I shake it off but make a mental note to remind Stefan and Damon later about what I think I might have seen. I walk down stairs to see no one is home. I look out the window to find both my parents cars gone. I make myself some pancakes with a blueberry face and go to the living room to watch some TV. Before I sit down I get a phone call from Elena.

"Hey, are you helping Bonnie and I set up the carnival today?" Elena asks.

"Is that today. Sorry I forgot. I will be over in a few I just woke up." I respond stuffing my face with pancake. 

"That okay just come when you can. We need all the hands we can get since Caroline isn't here to run everything." Elena says.

"I will be over in ten." With that Elena hung up. I quickly eat the rest of my pancakes and make my way out the door and drive to the school. I send a few texts to both my parents letting them know where I am going and telling them I love them. I drive up to the school for the carnival and run into Bonnie and Elena talking.

"Katherine looked just like you, it was freakish." Bonnie says talking to Elena.

"I know right. I saw her and the Mayor's funeral. Is kinda scary." I say walking up to them.

"Hey Faith," Both girls say to me.

"She is my ancestor." Elena replies continuing the conversation we were having.

"Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you!" Bonnie exclaimed. I just nod my head.

" I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that's all I got." Elena says.

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" I say thinking back to the face I saw in the mirror this morning.

" I don't but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss." She was right we have to focus on the task at hand.

"Have you talked to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" Bonnie asked.

"I did. He came and talked to me last night after everything happened." I said Elena looked at me with wide eyes.

"No Bonnie, I haven't and I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related okay?  I'm human. And I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy." Elena says getting angry. She looks at Bonnie and hands us toys to use for the prizes.

"Okay, I'm sorry, I'll focus. We have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us. I don't know how she does all of this." Bonnie says laughing and walking over to fix the other booths.

"Did you really talk to Damon?" I could tell Elena wasn't happy that I said that.

"Look we can talk about it later." I said walking off going to different booths. After finishing my part at the carnival, I decide to visit Caroline in the hospital. 

I walk into the hospital and ask the girl at the front desk where I could find Caroline Forbes. She lead me to a room and Matt was just walking out. He didn't look overly happy. That can't be good.

"Hey Matt, is everything okay? You seem concerned." I say. 

"Yeah, I am fine Faith. Its just Caroline is acting weird maybe you can talk to her?" Matt asked.