16

"I need to talk to you." Elena says gesturing me away from Damon and Stefan. I follow her outside to see Bonnie there as well. Both girls were all decade out. (note: see what I did there XD) Elena walks up to Bonnie with a mad expression.

"How could you not tell me?" Elena cries out; I look at Bonnie confused.

"'Cause I knew how'd you react." Bonnie says in protest. I'm still looking confused however now at both girls. 

"No. No way, it's not an option." Elena replies.

 "It's our only option." Bonnie states. 

"What is?" I ask still confused. 

"Tell me you didn't know that Bonnie was on a suicide mission" Elena says looking at me. I was taken aback by the sudden  statement Elena had just yelled out for the world to hear. I look over at Bonnie who is giving me a saddened expression. 

"We'll find another way, okay? Bonnie, you're not dying to save everyones lives." I say trying to think of a scenario where no one has to die.

"I have the power to save you! If I don't use it and something happens, that would kill me more." Bonnie protests. 

"I can't let you." Elena states trying to get me to be on her side. Before I could say anything Bonnie replies. "Just answer one question...if the situation was reversed, would you do it for me?" 

I knew what Elena was thinking. Of course she would risk her life to save any of her friends: any of us would. However, I can't be apart of this I simply have to watch. Lying to everyone since the beginning of time has been easy but now that Klaus is in town everything is the real deal. The final strike is soon to come.  I turn around and walk back into the school. I go into the hallway to see Jeremy and Chad talking with two of Chad's friends behind him. I wasn't really listening but I could sense some tension in the air. 

I hear a noise and I look up to see Jeremy and Chad fighting one another. The two other boys grab Jeremy while Chad punches him in the stomach a few times. The other boys throw Jeremy to the ground and they all start kicking him. Stefan and Damon run over from one direction while I walk from the other. 

"Hey idiots" Damon yells looking at the three boys that weren't Jeremy. One of the boys pulls out a crossbow and shoots a stake at Damon and it hits him in the shoulder. The other boys pull out weapons as well. Stefan rushes over to the boys and hits them. Damon grabs another boy and holds a stake up ready to kill him.

"Damon no! They are being compelled. Don't hurt them." I say looking at Chad knowing darn well that Klaus had compelled him earlier. He must have compelled the other two while Damon and I were dancing. "The whole thing's a distraction. Go find Bonnie and Elena, " I continued talking looking now looking at Stefan. Damon throws the boy against the lockers, knocking him out. Damon runs toward the dance floor. 

"Go. I'll hold the others here." Stefan says to me. I nod and make my way outside remembering that is where I saw them last. While Damon clearly went the wrong way. I ran out the building only to see Elena, Bonnie and Klaus, in Alaric's body, walking in through a different door. I sighed in relief knowing Klaus hasn't done anything yet and everyone is safe. I walk quickly back into the building and I hide to see what is going on. Klaus is leading the girls somewhere. I am guessing he is trying to single them out. They all stop and I hear Alaric's voice.

"Okay, I'll give you a hint. I am not Alaric." Klaus says. What does he think he is doing. Is he really blowing his cover now? I shake my head in disappointment and continue to listen to them.

"Klaus" Elena shouts putting two and two together.

"Surprise" Klaus says sarcastically. 

"And relax Elena, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm going after this one." He looks at Bonnie. I had to do something. What could I do though. If my friends spot me just watching that will 100% cause some problems and questions that I can't answer. However if I show myself then I have to join the fight that I want to stay out of, and frankly staying out is the best thing for me anyway. 
Bonnie used her magic to knock Klaus into the wall. Then I hear Elena and Bonnie running away. I look around the corner to see Klaus getting up and follow them in the direction they went.  I decide to head back to the dance floor. If Bonnie knows what she's doing then I'm not really needed.