Weaponized

I hate hospitals. I mean I hated them before, but now, ever since this witch stuff I hate it even more. Literally every person I see at hospitals I have to, very carefully, figure out if they are alive or dead. It’s scary, Deaton says soon I’ll be able to tell, but for now I have to figure out on my own whos a ghost and whos an actual human.

“Vannah!” I heard the voice of Derek yell into my ear. I look up from the ground and to him with question. “Can’t you do something, get a feel off of her?”

“Seriously Derek?” I question, only to have him glare at me. “I know as much about witches as Lydia does about Banshees. I don’t know how to turn it on. Its not like werewolves, it takes a trigger.”

“Well find a trigger!” He hissed through his teeth, staring at Breadon whos currently sedated on the bed. I take a deep sigh and grab her hand. Shutting my eyes I focus as hard as I can. Deaton said that mediumship was one of the easiest parts of being a witch. All I had to do was hold someone or something and focus, if it worked I could see what they saw, parts at least, in more of a dream like state. When I began to focus I saw a group of werewolves, and they all looked like they were sick, dying almost. I quickly released when I heard Mama McCall enter the room.

“What's that?” Derek asked as she put a liquid into Breadons IV.

“Naloxone, we need to wake her up.” Ms McCall answered.

“Why?” I question.

“I thought you said she needed to rest.” Derek stated standing from his chair.

“That was before I found out that the CDC put the high school under quarantine.”

“Oh my god. Stiles and Scott are in there.” I cry throwing my hand over my mouth. If the CDC was involved it was serious. I felt big arms move around me and pulling me into a warm chest. Noticing it was Derek I stiffened a bit but relaxed after a couple of seconds. No matter how much of a sour wolf he is, hes a great hugger. Suddenly Breadon sat up with a loud gasp. She looked around the room, taking in her surroundings before struggling to get out of the bed.

“Breadon, Breadon.” Mrs. McCall called out trying to calm her down. “Look at me, you were shot. But you’re in the hospital now and you’re fine. Do you understand?” Breadon looked at me, then her eyes shifted to Derek, realizing she was safe her body calmed.

“Last night, you were in the woods.” I start sitting on the bed beside her. “And you came across another pack. Do you know what happened to them?” I asked, trying to get any feel off of her while she spoke.

“I told you they were poisoned.” Derek spoke. Before I could snap at Derek with some sassy remark Breadon spoke up.

“No, they were infected.” She said. “It was a virus. Designed to kill werewolves.” I let out a loud gasp at her words.

“Great first assassin's now weaponized werewolf killing viruses.!”