~ 𝚃 𝚠 𝚘 ~

It was a normal day for Wooyoung

It was a normal day for Wooyoung. He got up from his bed after being on his phone for about 20 minutes, took a shower, put on his uniform, ate some breakfast that his parents left for him. He grabbed his backpack off from the couch and walked over to his neighbor's house. He knocked on the door and out came his best friend Seonghwa ready to walk to school with him.

They have a love/hate relationship. Wooyoung bullies him sometimes and Seonghwa packs his lunch for him. That's how it's been all their life.

"Here's your lunch, Woo"

"Thanks bro"

They walked about 10 minutes until they got to their school. They walked up to the entrance of the fire academy. They noticed a couple making out in the corner of their eyes. The couple were to the right side of the entrance doors. Wooyoung looked at the couple to confirm if it was who he thought it was.

"Sup Mingi, hey Yunho"

Wooyoung called out to the couple. Yunho didn't answer back but Mingi waved at Wooyoung and went back to trying to swallow Yunho whole.

Wooyoung didn't pay no mind since it happened everyday. He went into the school and went straight to his first class which was English. He hated the class but most of his friends were in there so he didn't mind it as much. But he did dread his second class. It was math. He didn't necessarily hate the subject though, he just didn't like the way that the teacher taught. He never knows what is happening in that class as opposed to his other classes.

Thankfully, both of his first classes went by fast and it was his favorite time of the day. 

Lunch time.

Like the usual, Wooyoung would sit at a table in the cafeteria with his friends for the first half of lunch and eat what they brought. Only Mingi was dumb enough to eat lunch from the cafeteria. But the boy has an iron stomach so he's fine with eating the pig slop. 

After they ate, they all went out to the field to play. They had about 30 minutes left of lunch to kill so they all gathered around for Seonghwa to explain the game that they were about to play. They were going to play hide and seek. Yes, it's childish but they were all children at heart. You can't blame them for wanting to play that game. 

They have a special version of hide and seek which is if you find the person, you have to let them run away for 5 seconds and then you have to tag them. If you can tag them, they help you find the others. It's always crucial to get the first person because after you do tag them, the game is really easy. 

Well, it's easy if the person is slow at running.

"Alright, whoever says not it last, is it"

Seonghwa layed out the rules since all of them somehow forget every time that they do play the game.

"Not it!" 

Everyone said in unison but one.

"Not it!"

Mingi said last because he was distracted by the beauty of a taller male.

"You're it Mingi"

"Dammit!"

Mingi complained. But Mingi accepted his fate and counted till 10. Everyone ran and hid behind bushes, behind trees, or ran away even. Wooyoung ran to the bush that was right in front of the wooden fence that separates the fire academy and the water academy.

'He won't be able to find me here.'

Wooyoung sat right behind the bush so that there would be less of a chance of Mingi seeing him. He went on his phone while waiting for Mingi to find his spot. 

Wooyoung heard a little plop about 5 feet away from him. He whipped his head up to see what made the noise. 

He saw a soccer ball landing from out of nowhere. The ball rolled about 3 feet away from where it had landed.

'It's probably from the soccer players.'

He looked towards the soccer field that was close by to where Wooyoung was hiding.

'They still have their ball though...'

'Plop!'

Wooyoung heard a louder plop this time. He looked back at where the soccer ball had fallen.

He saw an innocent-looking boy standing up from the ground. The boy started walking towards the soccer ball that had just dropped earlier.

"You're not supposed to be here!"

Wooyoung whispered-shouted to the boy angrily. He was afraid that the boy would reveal his hiding spot, like him whisper-shouting wouldn't do it.

San turned around to see a boy sitting behind a bush with his eyes looking angrily at him.

San stood there looking at the boy that looked adorable while angry.

San shook the thoughts out of his head and went back to his mission. He grabbed the ball and walked over to the adorable boy and squatted down to meet the height of the boy. San put down the ball right beside him and leaned down to whisper into the boy's ear.

"Sshh, quiet down. You haven't seen anything. Alright?"

Wooyoung nodded while stunned that the boy was so close to him.

San quickly grabbed the ball that he had on the ground and climbed over the wall to go to his side of the campus.

Wooyoung sat there with his jaw dropped, still amazed by the boy's beauty.

'He was kind of cute though.'

"Ha! Found you Wooyoung! Now you have to run!"

Mingi called out to Wooyoung. 

He had seen Wooyoung's blonde hair from above the bush and quickly ran towards it to confirm if it was Wooyoung or not. When he saw that it was Wooyoung, he quickly called out to the boy since he was the last one to be found.

Wooyoung snapped out of his trance from earlier and looked at Mingi. Wooyoung remembered that they were still playing hide and seek so he quickly got up from his hiding place.

"Bet you can't catch me Mingi!"

 Wooyoung shouted as he was running away from his spot.

~ 🌺 ~

QOTD: What's your favorite Ateez song of all time?