Box of Secrets Pt. 2

I expected a release, I really did. I could see it in your face that there were demons inside and that you had fooled yourself into believing that you had them under control. I did not expect there to be so much, so very much. Your box of secrets has stayed shut for so long and as you release what has remained hidden inside, I'm worried it's too much for you.

I don't know how you have managed to keep that box contained this long, I see it in your face the tears that are coming and I'm sorry for you that you've held this all in for so long.

As the demons come out and fill the room around us, my own box opens a little but I allow it to do so. I've received the help to control my own demons and work on diminishing the number of demons I keep locked away in order to better contain them.

You haven't had anyone help you in a long time, I can tell that for certain as memories and horror stories roll off your tongue and I can tell you've started something you had no intention of finishing. I'm doing my best to listen but I'm seriously concerned that you're sharing more than you feel comfortable with and I don't want you to run away from me when this encounter is through.

You need someone to listen, but this eruption is too much at once and I can tell as the tears stream down your face. You continue on and I began thinking of ways I can ease the flow for now. Your box needs to be addressed and some of those demons need to be exorcized but for now the flow is too great for your weakened and vulnerable state to handle and I can see the panic in your eyes as the stories of your past go deeper and grow more intense.

I don't think you're used to this, when I hug you suddenly, the flow stops and the tears take over. A heavy, childlike cry that's probably been held in for years. this release is a healthy one and I know that because I've been where you are, my box of secrets used to be as full as yours and though some demons remain locked away still, I've managed the lock for years and triggers like this one don't crack my box. I'm going to help you, you're going to help you, I can tell you're ready but it is not going to be easy for you,

Demons are strong and their grip when allowed to release is crippling, I can tell now that you're tired and the release may make you feel uneasy for a while but the right steps will help with this struggle and the demons won't have as much control over you any more. I hope that one day you get to the point where you are aware of the location of the box in your mind but you don't have to think about the secrets in order to keep them contained.

I'm not leaving and neither are you, I know that for certain now. The tools will come and you'll have complete control over your box of secrets.