ten

I woke up to my phone buzzing and sighing at the contact. Caleb. I stare at the ceiling for a second before answering with a simple hi.

"Brelynne, where are you?" Caleb's voice rings through my ear.

"I am working," I responded, wanting to keep it simple.

"Um where?" Why is he being nice all of a sudden?

"Tokyo," I squeak out, biting my lip, the line goes silent for a minute before he responds.

"Hey listen...we can make long distance work right?"

"I'm confused, I thought you didn't want to do long distance?" I question and as soon as the words are out I am regretting them.

"Don't talk back to me," he scolds.

"Sorry," I say, sitting up. Today I am styling for the boys concert and I need to get myself ready, the show starts at eight, and we need to start getting ready soon.

"I just want to fix our relationship, I'm not ready for us to fall apart," I am taken aback by his response, but this might be good for us, for me, maybe, just maybe, I will have more will to stay in this relationship.

"Ok listen, I gotta go get ready," I twist my fingers as I speak.

"Ok, love you, remember to suck your belly in," he instructs.

"I will, love you," I respond, sucking in my gut a bit before hanging up. That was weird, but I shrug it off and phone Luke.

"Brelynne! It's twelve in the afternoon! Did you just wake up?" Luke scolds jokingly.

"Maybe, listen, so what should I wear, is there anything I am required to wear?" I question, opening one of my bags.

"Your staff lanyard and clothes," I know he is holding back a laugh and I roll my eyes. "You can seriously show up in rags, well, maybe not rags but whatever, don't look like a slob though," He informs me.

"Ok," I shug, hanging up. I pull out my black skinny jeans and my black bomber. I look at the outfit and decide on a simple white shirt. I pull on the outfit flat iron my hair and do my makeup simply.

"Maybe if...." I trail off, I pull out Luke's black choker I stole out of his bag in his room. Sorry not sorry. I look at my reflection and nod at myself. I grab my backstage pass and shove my backstage pass in the mini backpack I use as a purse.

I pull on my black hightops and walk out the door, making sure I have my keycard. I walk over to Luke's hotel room and text him before he opens the door.

"We need to leave for the show soon, are you ready?" He asks me as I sit cross legged on the bed. I nod simply and he sits in the office chair by the desk.

"Caleb called," I speak up.

"Really? And how did that go?" Luke raises a brow.

"He actually said he wanted to repair our relationship, and try long distance," I shrug.

"And no insults?"

"Nope." I shake my head.

"Scolding?"

"Um, there was some," I admit.

"Typical," he scoffs. I roll my eyes.

"At least he's trying," I point out. Luke just nods and there is another knock at the door. Crystal and Micahel come in with Sierra behind him. Soon enough Calum and Ashton file in and then Andy and Taylor behind them. The girls and I hangout and chat while the boys joke around, Ashton and I make eye contact a few times but it's mostly awkward.

"So you and Ashton," Taylor nudges me as we walk down to the lobby.

"No it's not like that, I have a boyfriend," I groan.

"Hashtag Ashlynne," Sierra says, clapping her hands.

"No-"

"I can see it now, with Best Years at the wedding, Ashton says he wants six to eight kids, what do you think?" Crystal nudges me, cutting me off.

"No-"

"Yes, I have a feeling one of the kids would be named Cashton, what do you think?" Sierra cuts me off again.

"Wha-"

"Or maybe even Lashton," Taylor cuts me off. I groan and give up.

"What's all this talk about Lashton?" Luke asks, stepping back a bit and wrapping his arm around Sierra.

"Kids names for Ash and Brelynne," Sierra responds, kissing her boy on the cheek.

"I like that," Luke nods.

"Are we talking about what I want to name my kids?" Ashton jumps in.

"Yeah," Taylor nods.

"I like Leon, for a boy," he shrugs.

"Weird, Bre has that on her list of kids names," Luke nudges me. I shove him and he stumbles, unwrapping his arm from Sierra and hitting Michael. I roll my eyes and we all climb into the car and drive to the arena.

"Ok 5 Seconds of Summer right this way, we have security waiting," a man says as we climb out of the car. Ashton nods and we begin to walk in, fans are lined up at the door and begin screaming when they see them. They are leaning over the metal bar holding them back and waving, shouting things like I love you guys and I can't wait! The boys take photos with some and we enter through the back, wandering down the hall till we find a dressing room that says 5SOS on the wall.

"An hour and a half till showtime," a man warns us as we walk in.

"Thanks," Luke nods. The man leaves and Luke grabs an outfit from the rack in the middle of the room, and the rest of the boys do the same, they put them on and Luke sits in a chair.

"Ok, make his hair pretty," Calum says dramatically. I roll my eyes and begin to do Lukes hair, I start by wetting it just a bit and combing through it, refreshing his curls. When I finish I put in the hairspray and the gel.

I finish off with him and do the other boys, and then they start dancing around the dressing room like psychos.

"Do they always do this?" I whisper to Taylor.

"Yes," she whispers back. I laugh and Andy begins to circle around the boys, filming their tour diary.

"That's funny," I whisper back. Taylor chokes and the boys pause for a second before continuing.

"And here we have, Caillou!" Michael yells, pointing at Calum.

"Caill-who?" Calum pauses.

"Oh my," Michael scoffs, pulling out his phone, he taps a bit before showing Calum the bald five year old from the TV show.

"I am not that pale!" Calum accuses, as the man from before comes in.

"Showtime boys," he says, I laugh and we all follow the boys out. I go down to where the staff members that don't do with onstage prep go with Sierra and Crystal. The new intro for their album starts and the fans go ballistic. I smile as they all run onstage and start to welcome everyone.

Quick update! Sorry it's short, I am waiting for a good time to get this going.

Basically Brelynne is obsessed with the fact that she has a boyfriend and Ashton is just awkward and doesn't know what to feel.

I love you guys, even if you don't love yourself!

don't be a ghost reader!