Chapter 1

Jade woke up from a terrible nightmare, her mind flooded with the thought of it. She held her chest and held back tears, the dream was about her and Kitana, it showed that Shoa Kahn had killed Kitana right in front of Jade. Tortured by it, Jade got out of bed and went to go get some water to wash away what she was feeling. When she got back, she didn't sleep, all she could do was cry, since everyone was asleep. Jade sobbed softly on her own, she held her eyes and cried. Kitana on the other hand was sleeping peacefully, until she was disturbed by the sound of muffled cries. Kitana sat up and rubbed her eyes awake."Who could that be?" She asked herself a little annoyed, she claimed out of bed and walked down the hall. Kitana got close to Jade's room, she pressed her ear against the door hearing Jade's silent tears."Jade, is everything alright?" Kitana asked worried, Jade heard those words and stopped crying for a while, rubbing her eyes."I'm fine Kitana, don't worry." Jade replied softly, Kitana didn't believe one word and opened the door, Jade hid under the covers to hide her embarrassed face. Kitana saw this and giggled, she walked closer to the bed and threw the covers off the green lady. Jade looked up at Kitana's reassuring smile, and Kitana sat on the bed."So you going to tell me what's wrong Jade?" Kitana asked, Jade broke a sweat."Nothing's wrong Kitana, it was just a silly dream." Jade replied sadly, Kitana cupped Jade's face close her hers gently."Jade, if this dream made you cry, it shouldn't be kept a secret!" Kitana yelled, Jade frowned and pulled her head back, she went on explaining everything that happened in her dream, Kitana always gave a sympathetic look during it all. Kitana captured Jade in a warm embrace, Jade softly cried on Kitana's chest, Kitana patted Jade's head softly."Jade, mabye it's best you don't sleep alone tonight." Kitana said smiling, Jade blushed, the blue woman then got herself comfortable in Jade's bed, she patted the otherside of the bed, indicating Jade to lie down."It's alright Kitana, I don't really need sleep." Jade's words escaped from her lips, dripping with embarrassment, Kitana had grown impatient and tackled Jade onto the bed. Kitana nuzzled her head onto Jade's chest, Jade was shocked by this, but she was comfortable with Kitana's presence."Goodnight Jade." Kitana whispered, Jade smiled and combed her fingers through Kitana's long, thick, beautiful brown hair."Goodnight Kitana Kahn." Jade teased, that aggravated Kitana and she nuzzled closer to Jade, Jade rested her head on Kitana's head slowly drifting off to sleep. Somthing about this made Jade wonder, why was Kitana doing this? But at the same time, she didn't mind, Jade never had that dream ever again, and she felt calm in Kitana's presence.