Chapter One

Just a warning before we begin: I cannot begin to explain just how ooc and trash this story is. I've tried to fix it but nothing works. So I apologize but I won't be updating anymore because I have lost all inspiration.

Cringy regards,

Author person

An explosion could be heard in the distance. Everyone that was left ran for cover as the debris went flying over their heads. But Kakashi didn't run. This was war. There was no time to run.

He needed to make things right. He had to. He owed it to everyone who had died and everyone who trusted him.

Screams of agony could be heard in the distance as a flying rock crushed a group. Memories of Obito's "death" came flooding through. This was all his fault. If he only had agreed to save Rin, then maybe Obito wouldn't have fallen into Madara's hands. If only they got along, then maybe Rin wouldn't have died. If he had only been on time, then maybe there would have been no Fourth Great Ninja War!

A scout came by his side. "Ten people reported dead, captain. We're rapidly losing numbers. There are about a hundred of us left." Low numbers. Too low.

Kakashi saw Naruto limp over to him. There was a look in his eyes that Kakashi wished he never had to see in Naruto. The look of loss and utter defeat. The same look that had once been in Kakashi's eyes, the same look that was in everyone's eyes when they realized they were hopeless.

Naruto had to watch Sakura die a slow and painful death. She had been targetted by Obito first. "Kill the healer, and the rest shall follow."

Obito took out his sword and slowly, painfully stabbed her, right where Naruto and Kakashi could see. It pained them to watch someone die right in front of them, but too far away to save them. Sakura's head hanged, and her chakra was no longer detectible. She was gone.

The rest soon followed. Sasuke, blinded by fury and hate that Sakura died, recklessly charged at Obito. He tried to stab him in the heart just like Obito did to Sakura, but Obito's sword was longer and more powerful than Sasuke's. Sasuke didn't even have time to manifest his susanoo before he died. Kakashi was there too, his heart slowly breaking as he watched another person he dearly loved die.

But that wasn't it. Destiny just wanted him to suffer. 

Kurenai, Hinata, and Kiba all died at once when Zetsu overpowered them. They were slaughtered when they didn't even have time to retaliate. Shino tried to catch them with his insects, but he had already used too much chakra and fell to the ground, with Akamaru next to him, whimpering, grieving the loss of Kiba. Over time Akamaru died of heartbreak next to Kiba. Not even Kurenai's newborn was left. Kakashi was the one to pick up their bodies and dig their grave.

Shikamaru had been separated, but he had a plan. Unfortunately, his plan was cut short as Madara appeared in front of him. With no choice left but to run, he tried to flee. Madara's susanoo caught him and crushed his bones in his hand. He even pulverized Shikamaru so there wasn't even a body to bury. Kakashi was hiding behind a rock and heard each and every bone crumble to dust.

Choji was lost without Shikamaru to help guide him. Without his helpful insight, Choji decided he could take on reanimated Ginkaku, Kinkaku, and Asuma with Ino. Needless to say, he was wrong.

Ginkaku and Kinkaku mercilessly ripped Choji open about five seconds into the battle. Ino was left with Asuma, and she was shaking so badly she couldn't think clearly. She thought this Asuma was the same Asuma that helped form Ino-Shika-Cho a couple of years ago. Clouded by that judgement, she thought he would go easy on her. Asuma soon dismembered her with his chakra blades. Kakashi came as backup and had to trample on their dead bodies to defeat them. One by one he was slowly breaking.

Neji had already died when he chose to sacrifice himself to save Hinata. That was already a painful blow for everyone. Kakashi could have saved him but he was too busy focusing on Obito.

Tenten wasn't even in the war when she died. She was poisoned by Hanzo and suffered for a week until she finally died. Not even Tsunade could save her. Kakashi was there when she took her last breath in this world. 

Rock Lee thought he could meet kenjutsu with taijutsu since he was faster than the kenjutsu user. He thought that if he took away their sword they were powerless against him. But his opponent was far stronger than he realised and forced him to unlock the Eighth Gate of Death. He managed to knock down twenty White Zetsu but died immediately after for using the Eighth Gate. Kakashi arrived just in time to see him collapse on the ground, motionless.

Might Gai was heartbroken and finally lost his youthfulness once and for all after his team died one by one. He charged against Madara with his Eighth Gate unlocked, but even that wasn't a match against Madara, Obito, and Zetsu. Madara and Obito both stabbed him at once, one on each side. They didn't even bother finishing him off. Gai told Kakashi his last wish for him, to protect Naruto and save the world. 

"Soon, we shall meet in Heaven, my friend, and be eternal rivals again for all eternity."

Yamato was burnt to a crisp by Obito. After all, wood burns easily. Kakashi watched in horror as his blackened body hit the ground with a thud. He was out before Kakashi could even scream his name.

Only Naruto was left, and Kakashi was determined to save him from the terrible fate of his friends if it was the last thing he did.

But alas, it was all for naught.

In a final battle against Kaguya, Naruto was hit by her vacuum palms and passed out, dead. It was unfair, for him to die so easily. Even Kurama was disappointed as he gave Kakashi one last look. This world is dead. But maybe, in another place and time, you could be the hero.

This was what finally broke him. This strong man was no more. He had given up the will to live.