See you soon

...I think I heard her scream...

Aria's POV

This is bad. This is really really bad. What if she's hurt? I don't think any of us are gonna get any sleep tonight.

Spencer's POV

It's been over a week and we still haven't found Ali. I know her and I didn't get along so well but I'm still scared for her.

I continue to stare at the TV, it's all over the news; non-stop. She probably would have loved all this attention.

My phone beeps and I drag my eyes from the TV to my phone.

Ari: Spence I need to talk to you

Me: Ok I'll be there soon x

I pick up my bag and head out the door.

Emily's POV

It's been a week since Ali went missing. Poor Ali. "What if...what if she's...what if she doesn't come back?" I cry.
"Em, I'm scared too, but don't think like that. It's going to be fine, okay?" Hanna wraps her arm around my shoulder. "I love her so much, I miss her" I lean on her shoulder. "We all do" she sniffs.

"No, you don't understand. I-I loved Alison, as more than a friend. And now..." I blink away a few tears and look down. "...now I may never get to tell her that.." I add as more tears make their way down my cheeks.

"Em I...I'm so sorry. I wish I'd known sooner. You know I would have supported you" she replies softly. "Han, you can't tell anyone. Not yet, please?" She nods and hugs me tighter.

I don't know what I would do if Ali didn't come back. She's the first person I ever loved.

Aria's POV

I sit on my bed, thinking of what to say to Spencer. I really don't wanna have to do this, but there's nothing else I can do. I'm going to miss her so much.

"Aria" I look up to see her walk towards the bed and sit next to me. "What's up?" She asks, and I take a deep breath. "Spence, I don't wanna have to do this, but it's the only choice I have. I need to go" I say, trying my hardest to hold the tears back. I don't wanna make this harder than it has to be.

"Wh-what do you mean? Aria, you're scaring me" she leans down to look at my face, which I have hidden.
"Spence, I know we just worked things out, I-I'm sorry" I give in and let a few drops fall from my eyes.
"Aria, it doesn't have to be like this-" "yes it does" I cut her off.

"I'm sorry Spence, but I have to let you go" I can't believe I have to do this, but it's best for both of us. "Is this because of what happened to Ali?" She asks calmly and I give her a slight nod.

"With Ali gone, everything between us will get complicated. The four of us will be crying, comforting each other, and acting like normal friends would. But us...if we're together, it will be hard to pretend, and they will find out" I wipe my face and stare at her as if it was the last time I see her-and it might just be.

"Aria, please? I'll do anything just please don't do this" she cries. "We can work this out-" "No we can't!" I snap, out of frustration and impatience. Doesn't she get it? "Just, please, don't make this harder than it has to be" I sigh.

"Aria, why do we have to do this we can-" "Because I'm leaving!!" I yell, interrupting her. "What? What do you mean you're leaving?" She asks with worry.

I close my eyes and sigh. "I'm moving. To Iceland..." my voice cracks.

Spencer's POV

What? No! She can't leave! "Iceland?!? Why the hell are you moving to Iceland?".

"My mom thinks it's best if I move away from here for a while" she mumbles. She can't move, I don't know what I would do without her. "How long is a while?" I half-whisper, fearing the answer.

"About a year" she answers. A year? I whole freakin year! "I-I'm gonna miss you...so much" I wrap my arms around her. "I'm gonna miss you too, Spence" she hugs me back, and then pulls away to stand up.

"So...that's it? W-were broken up..." I say, still trying to process this information. "I'm not breaking up with you. I'm letting you go" she whispers.

"So I guess this is goodbye then" I stand up, and she shakes her head. "This isn't goodbye. This is more of a...see you soon" she half-smiles.

"Aria" I say and lean forward to give her a kiss on the cheek. "See you soon" I add and she walks away.

That's it. She's gone. This is gonna be a long year...

*Almost there! This isn't the end, but only a few chapters left I think. I hope there are still people who are reading this (otherwise I would be talking to myself and that would be very awkward...). I wanted to say thank you to those who have read all the way up until now (and didn't get bored and leave in the middle) and thanks to those people who comment and vote (you know who you are, ily). I'll try and finish this story soon.

-H xx