Taku's Story

Taku's POV (Age 10)

I woke up to the sun shining on my face. I groaned. I didn't want to be awake. If I was awake, it means it's the next day and that means I have to go to school. Seriously, what did they except us kids to think about it? Most of us hate it. Some more than others. I am part of that some. It doesn't help that I am the only one that is new at this place as well as the fact that everyone knew everyone. I miss my old village. My home.

"Taku! Get up, darling!"

I heard my mother shout from the dining room. I sighed. I quickly got up and got on my day clothes. I walk to the dining room and my mother smiles at me. I look around the dining room.

"Where's pops?"

"Your dad had to leave early. We are new here and he has to find a place to work as soon as he can."

"Will he be able to find one?"

"Of course, darling. That's what moving here will do for us."

I knew that my dad had to leave his work. It hit us hard. He worked in the crystal mines and had worked there since he was a few years older than me. My mother put down a plate that had eggs and a glass of water. I quickly ate the food and my mother walked me to school. I dreaded each step. When we got to the gate, my mother kissed the top of my head and we parted ways. I looked at the school. It was bigger and there were more kids. Many also seemed like they were older kids as well as kids my own age.

I stared at the building for a while. I quickly shut my eyes as I felt a sudden pain shot through my head. I had suddenly got one of the headaches that happen at random. My parents don't know why I get them, nor does any doctor we had gone too. They come and go. And when they come........... I don't always see good things.

I slowly opened my eyes and was shocked to see the school was burned down to ashes. There was nobody there. My mouth dropped. What happened? It was fine! I started to panic a little. I backed up and ran into someone. I quickly turn around, scared.

"Hey! Watch where you are going!"

I looked at the boy I ran into. He was definitely looked older. He looked to be about maybe fifteen years old. He had pitch black hair, his eyes where the same color as his hair. He was looking down at me. He may be taller than me by two feet, at least, maybe more.

"I... I...."

Curse my inability to talk to humans.

"Zeref, cut it out. He's just a kid. He looks to be new. I don't remember seeing him."

A girl with blond hair, that was tied back walked over to us. Great, another person. The older boy looks at the girl. She appears to be around the same age as him.

"Sorry, you're right Anna."

The boy looked at me.

"I'm sorry for that. You're new here, aren't you?"

I just nod my head, too scared to speak.

"Well, I'm Zeref, this is Anna."

"I... um.... I'm Taku........."

Anna smiles at me.

"It's alright. We don't bite. Well, I don't"

"Anna, if you are trying to make me sound bad, stop. I already scared him; you don't have to make him more afraid of me."

Zeref crosses his arms. Anna giggled. They seem close. I wonder how long they've known each other. Probably a while.

"Oh, come on, lord of darkness, I'm just messing with you."