nineteen // no one is smarter than milady

Marinette's POV

"NO!"

I shove Chat Blanc off of me, stumbling backwards, and then stand in a fighting stance.

"TIKKI, SPOTS ON!"

"Milady," Chat Blanc says, holding his arms open for a hug. "You didn't have to make it this hard..."

I start spinning my yo-yo and taking small steps backwards, terrified. My breaths have rapidly increased. My heart is pounding against my chest. My eyes dart every which way, realizing that people are coming out of their tents to watch us fight. If I win, their lives will return to normal. But if I lose...

"Milady, please," Chat Blanc teases with a sinister grin.

"You don't get to call me your lady!" I scream, "That's reserved for Chat Noir and Chat Noir only!"

Chat Blanc frowns. "You think you can control me? You never could."

I rapidly spin my yo-yo to my side, continuing to take tiny steps away from my akumatized love.

"You're either with me, or against me," Chat Blanc coldly replies, grabbing my yo-yo and pulling me forward.

I stumble into his arms. He grabs me by my arms then places one hand on my waist and the other on my chin. He tilts his head and smirks with arrogance.

"Then I guess I'm against you!"

Without waiting another second, I grab his bell and smash it against my thigh.

But I gasp when the bell turns into ash. I look up at Chat Blanc with surprise, and my eyes open even wider when he himself turns to ash too.

"You failed the test, milady," Chat Blanc coldly announces, walking out of his hiding spot behind a car two feet away from us.

I stare at him in pure shock. "W-Wha... but you were just...."

"Did you really think I was idiotic enough to trust you?" He replies through his teeth. "Rena Rouge, come out!"

Rena Rouge elegantly jumps down the tower and lands gracefully, then walks up to where we are.

"I didn't know if I could trust you or not. Rena Rouge made an illusion of me to test your loyalty."

"B-But, I touched you!" I shout. "You can't do that with an illusion! As soon as you touch it, the illusion disappears!"

Chat Noir crosses his arms over his chest and smirks.

"Do you want to know what power Hawkmoth gave me, milady?"

I stare at him, terrified.

"Raw Power. I have control over everything."

I gasp, and take a step back.

"I am a god, milady. Hawkmoth went crazy realizing that he had all of the miraculous in his grasp. He thought you were dead. He gave me the power of infinite control, realizing that he was so close to his goal. He thought that akumatizing me would make me give him both of our miraculous. He thought he won."

"W-What happened then?" I stutter.

"Let's just say we had a little cat fight," he mutters, showing his weak side. "After that I created an army. Spies work for me and give me what I want, just like Chloé. Everyone obeys me, because they know if they don't, they'll be punished severely."

I look at Rena Rouge with tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Marinette." She mutters, looking away.