Chapter 1~

~Charlotte Moore is a regular southern 16 year old just with a little extra spice and charm. She doesn't want a whole romantic relationship. All she wants is to work on her farm...for now.~

  Cockale-doodle-doo! Cockale-doodle-doo! Is what I wake up to. (Like every other morning) I sit in my bed and look out my window to see that it's not yet dawn but the horses and cattle are already stirring. I'll never get tired of that view. The view that changes every day.

  I crawl out of my bed and start day one of my summer routine. I get dress as fast as possible then I walk downstairs to see my dad and I tell him good morning and he does the same.  I can tell he is making us breakfast. Well I'm not sure if grabbing two apples count as breakfast but it works for me. We walk outside and then go our separate ways.

  I walk towards the horse barn while dad walks off somewhere.  I love the smell of horses in the morning.  I get straight to work starting of with feeding and ending with cleaning whatever needs cleaning. I look around and I'm so glad that this is where I'll be for the next three months. Summer, the best time to forget this past year of school.

  Sophomore year. It makes me shudder just thinking about it. It would be an understatement to say that it was horrible. Let me just sum it all up.....it was going pretty good till Billy came to my school.  He was everything I thought I wanted.

  Thought. That's the key word. He was the best until I was his then he turned into a complete jerk. He was completely controlling, he had me for half of the school year and ruined the other half for me. He became a stalker and told everyone that I cheated on him.

  Well technically he cheated on me. That's why I dumped him and that ticked him off. But it's okay now, he moved away so I won't ever have to deal with him. Which is probably a good thing since someone told my dad what happened and let's just say he was ready to be that southern daddy you hear about. I so don't need my daddy in jail for murder.

  I put everything behind me from that relationship. I found it embarrassing that I was dumb enough to go for a guy like that. I won't have to worry about that anymore I've sworn off dating for now.  Probably till after high school which should make my dad happy. I don't want anything to do with a guy or a relationship.