Chapter 31

*it's your first day of wheelchair basketball games. You wheeled into the gym and got in your basketball chair*

Y/n: hey coach what team am I starting with?

Coach Margaret: you'll start with prep and if jv gets into foul trouble David will come get you

Y/n: ok

*you got in your basketball chair and went on to the court to practice until Josh from the jv team came to you*

Josh: you sure you good to play?

Y/n: yes

Josh: ok...where's Cam and Ash

Y/n: parking the car why?

Josh: just wondering

Y/n: ok

Josh: wanna practice some drills?

Y/n: sure

*Josh got beside you and started guarding you he managed to flip your chair in the process*

Coach Margaret: Josh!

*you got your chair back up*

Y/n: yeah Josh don't flip the cancer kid 😂

Josh: haha very funny y/n

*the bell rang for the first prep game to start so you went to your team*

Justice: y/n you're guarding #12 Logan ok?

Y/n: got it

Justice: ok 1 2 3 brake

*you Ryder, Corbin, Talby, and Gordon went on the court. You were tallist so you were tipping. You got in position and looked at Camdyn in the bleachers he nodded then you focused again*

Reff: 1 2 3

*the reff throw the ball in the air and you hit it to Ryder then he got it and went down the court he passed to you and you shot a 3 pointer and made it*

Justice: good job y/n but go for easier shots this game

*you went to the other side of the court and picked up Logan and started guarding him. You stayed on him not letting him get to the basket until the ball went out of bounds. You went to your side of the court and immediately started getting guarded you got away then Ryder past the ball to you and you shot and made it. Then the halftime bell rang*

Justice: ok everybody we're up 3 points let's get up 10 so little d can get in got it?

Everyone: got it

*the bell rang again and you went back on the court and you did exactly what your coach told you to do then the game ended and was an hour break*

Camdyn: you did really good in that game

Y/n: no I didn't I missed like 5 shots

Ash: you still did good

Y/n: ok if you say so

*Josh walked up behind you*

Josh: you did good for the cancer kid

Y/n: and you did good for a crippled kid

Josh: but we're all crippled here

Y/n: your point?

Josh: I don't know

*you both laughed*

Josh: ok I gotta go see ya next game

Y/n: see ya

*Camdyn leaned down next to you and kissed your cheek*

Camdyn: you did good

Y/n: thanks

Camdyn: I love you

Y/n: I love you too

*you hugged Camdyn tightly. He broke the hug and held your hand pulling you*

Ryder: pull me!

*Ryder held on to the back of your chair. Camdyn just laughed as more of your teammates held onto the back of Ryder's chair Camdyn kept pulling you until you all were outside then everyone let go*

Camdyn: it's alot lighter now

Y/n: I know :)

*you got a text from Josh*

Y/n: wanna go out to eat with Josh?

Camdyn: sure

*Camdyn pulled you back inside and you got in your regular chair and Camdyn pushed you to the car and helped you get in Ash got in the car and you drove off*

Y/n: he wants to meet at the subway across the street

Ash: ok

*you got to the subway and Josh got out of his car with his little brother Malichi who was also on the team Josh walked to the door as you got in your wheelchair*

Josh: hey cancer kid

Y/n: hey Gypsy rose

*Josh could walk but he didn't have a prosthetic he had a muscle thing that's why he was able to play wheelchair basketball*

Josh: cancer kids first

*he held the door open as you wheeled yourself inside saying thanks. Everyone got inside and Camdyn ordered for you because you're awkward and yeah. You all sat at a table and Malichi and Camdyn were talking about cars and you and Josh were talking*

Josh: how's treatment going?

*that made Camdyn stop talking then look at you*

Y/n: pretty good I had to start radiation

Josh: I thought you were DNR?

Y/n: I did too but the judge said I couldn't be until I was 18

Josh: well that's great

Y/n: yep

*Camdyn and Malichi continued their conversation and so did you and Josh. Soon 30 minutes went by and you went back*

Camdyn: your next game is in 10 minutes

Y/n: ok

*you got in your basketball chair and went to your team. The games went by the same all day you made most of the shots every game, got most rebounds, guarded the back, the same until the end of the day. You were at the team dinner now*

Maddie: how's treatment?

Y/n: *shrugs* same thing every 2 weeks I'm used to it

Maddie: you know you can open up to me?

Y/n: of course

Maddie: ok

*Camdyn and Josh walked over with food Camdyn sat next to you and gave you your food and sat next to you Josh sat next to Maddie who already had food*

Y/n: I'm not hungry

Camdyn: eat anyways

Josh: you need food to play with jv tomorrow

Y/n: ok

*you ate*

Josh: cancer kid

Y/n: hm?

Maddie: Joshua! His name is y/n

Josh: he calls me Gypsy rose!

Maddie: that doesn't give you the right to call him cancer kid

Y/n: actually it kinda does

Josh: see!

Maddie: ok if you say so

Josh: anyways cancer kid

*the rest of the team dinner went by then you went to the hotel and went to sleep laying in Camdyn's lap*