Chapter 23

Monday Evening

Tzuyu's POV

I was currently at work right before my shift. I was in the middle of preparation work like I did every work night. My remaining tasks were to wipe glasses mindlessly, so I had a lot of time to get lost in my thoughts.

Dahyun and Chaeyoung did their best to cheer me up after Jihyo-unnie left, and I am really thankful that I have such great best friends. I ended up sleeping the night at their place because I didn't think I could go back home at the moment, so I ended up sleeping on their couch since I now didn't want any part of what they might've done in their beds.

I am trying to keep Chaeyoung's advice in mind but holding my head high is really hard. I mean, yes, it's been only one day; but I already feel so empty and lost. Jihyo-unnie leaving really did a number on me emotionally and mentally. On top of that, I still feel really exhausted even though I slept for basically half a day.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone grabbed me by the wrist and started pulling me. I looked around in shock and found that it was Elkie who was pulling me. Elkie pulled me into her office and closed the door.

Elkie turned around and pulled me into a hug, "Dahyun told me what happened. Are you okay?"

I was shocked by the sudden hug before becoming sad by the question asked of me. I wrapped my hands around Elkie and used her warmth to support myself. My body started to tremble, and I bit my lip to prevent myself from letting out any tears. Elkie started rubbing my back to comfort me.

I let out a sigh, "Honestly? No. But I'm trying my best."

"You know, it's okay to cry when you are feeling sad," Elkie whispered.

I shook my head, "You know why I refuse to cry. You are the only person besides Dahyun and Chaeyoung who knows the reason."

Elkie started to stroke my head, "I know, but sometimes it's better to just let it all out."

I sighed again, "I know you mean well, but I refuse to cry. Anyways, Dahyun and Chaeyoung have convinced me to keep my head held high. I am trying my best, but their support has helped a lot by preventing me from breaking down."

Elkie broke the hug and smiled at me, "Well, I am here for you if you need it"

"Of course," I giggled, "I see you four days out of seven because of work. I think I kind of need you."

Elkie rolled her eyes before playfully smacking me on the shoulder, "You know what I mean," she chuckled.

I started rubbing my shoulder that Elkie smacked, "Of course I do; I'm just messing with you."

"Are you okay to work tonight? It's honestly okay with me if you want to go home to rest," Elkie offered, showing clear concern for my well-being.

I shook my head, "No, I am fine to work. It's probably better if I stay out of my house for as long as possible right now."

Elkie nodded her head before patting me on the shoulder, "Alright, just let me know if you aren't feeling well. Your health is my biggest priority right now."

I smiled at Elkie, "Thank you, I appreciate everything you do for me."

Friday Evening

The rest of the week was spent either working or sleeping. I have been trying my best to rest, but I always wake up exhausted no matter how long I sleep for. It is starting to get worrying, but I think it's just part of the sadness that I have been experiencing ever since Jihyo-unnie left.