Cryptic

Eva stood as stiff as a board. Her thoughts were running wild and untamed then in one moment they stopped.

She was filled with an overwhelming amount of silence. Words flowed through her straight on to the wall it was almost if she was possessed and someone was doing the writing through her. She felt her mind being pushed in a cage shielded from her thoughts and worry.

The words were dark and meaningful but not meaningful to her. She took a step back and read the words she had written of the building in black spray paint

“The sound of silence creeping into the body of its predator awaiting the moment to strike.”

 She did not understand the cryptic message. Something took over and poured out its soul into the dark words. It was exactly how she felt in that moment; empty. Her hand involuntarily moved the can of paint.

She quickly tried to dismiss any ridiculous ideas. Eva was a realist. She did not believe in ghost or aliens or demon possession but she was truly frightened because she didn't write those words.

She hoped there was a message other than the fact that she could be a prisoner of the silence. Eva walked away from the wall leaving her spray paint and her supplies she wanted to get out of there and escape.

She wanted the noise in her head to come back and replace the deafening silence. She could not stand it. The young girl went on with her life as best as she could.

She tried to keep her thoughts occupied. There were moments where the noise stopped and something took over and it started again. Her hand moved on its own accord. She was terrified of the words she would read. 

“Sudden silence consumes me; darkness takes over; emptiness”  

It took a moment to realize that she had written those words. It was as if her and the demon were becoming one. She was slowly accepting the silence and the peace it brought. She hated noise so let the silence push her mind deeper into the cage. She did not want to let the person inside her win but it was slowly happening. 

“The words flow through me but my mouth never moves, it never takes the chance to let it all out, the silence tapes my mouth shut like a prisoner waiting to be tortured. I am trapped in an ominous void filled with nothing but the screams that long to be let out.

The screams were drowned and the tape was pulled on tighter and the cuffs were tighter and eva became a prisoner to the silence.”

She looked at the words. In one moment her mind was not her own and she felt as if her body was a puppet for someone else to control. She tried to open her mouth to scream and call for help but the bar on the cage became thicker and the light dimmed. Her mouth was tied shut and her thoughts were dying and she was slowly giving in.

Her mind was trapped in the dark empty quiet cage and soon it died leaving a void in its place. The puppet master guided the body down the street. She glanced down a dark alley to see a girl with her head buried in between her knees trying to fight something. She looked like she was in trouble.

If Eva still had her mind she would help the girl but her body continued down the street with a smile on her face and contentness in her eyes.