Chapter 3.

Nandini

I was pretty excited that my classes would start in few days and then I would get rid of my forever boredom.

I decided to go to the park as I had nothing to do. I went to the park after many days. I was still paranoid about that incident.
I was done with my somewhat jogging and running  and I was sitting on the bench reading a mystery novel. I was so very engrossed in it, but a loud bark made me look at humongous dog which was on leash and the big lady had it tied to one of the poles. She was busy talking on phone ignoring the barking of her pet. I was feeling sad for the doggie, he was so intrigued with the ball the kids were playing with. He wanted to run to the kids and play with them. I don't really know what happened to me, I suddenly was untying the leash and letting the dog free.

Biggest mistake of my life!!!!

As soon as I did that he jumped on me and I tripped and fell on the lady that was his owner. She fell with a loud thud. The dog ran away chasing the ball and kids. Thankfully he was a friendly dog and was only after the colorful toy for him. I saw my position, I had fallen on her back and so she couldn't see me. When I heard her profusely cursing me with her loud obnoxious voice I got scared and I got up and ran. I hid behind the tree to see if the lady was fine. Luckily, she had fell on the lush grass and wasn't hurt at all. But she was loudly screaming and yelling. There weren't many bystanders to witness this, so I was pretty much safe.

Again, like a fool I am, I had left my novel on the bench. She didn't notice that. But still I stood there and checked if she wanted any help. I would definitely go and apologize had she not been triple my size. She would have crushed me with her pinky alone. I saw her going towards her dog and cursing saying her dog was very hyper and he needed to be on leash when she wasn't paying attention. That cleared my doubt on why the doggie was tied. The doggie saw me sneaking and started to bark loudly. My heart started beating so fast, I thought I would faint. The lady started coming towards the tree. I did what I always do, ran for my life.

I had totally ignored that someone might have witnessed the whole situation. As if I was assuring myself that I was safe and my accident prone self was not noticed at all. I decided that I will totally stop going to the park. The park seemed to hold some grudges against me.

I came home panting and sweating. My sister wasn't home so I showered, ate and slept dreaming about the lady and dog attacking me.

Next day morning, I and my sister were having breakfast when we heard some noise from next door. When my sister checked, a new family was moving in the next apartment. I thought I should go and check later and give them cupcakes. Nothing like welcoming neighbors with cupcakes. Though we didn't know much about who moved in, we definately were curious.

Evening when I was back from my work, I and my sister decided to meet our new neighbor. I had got them delicious chocolate and vanilla muffins.

A very graceful and elegant lady in her 60's opened the door and greeted us. Her name was Ritu. She had beautiful brown eyes which were full of kindness. She welcomed us wholeheartedly and was very happy to meet us.

"Welcome to our community Ritu Ma'am, we are so happy to have you here. Please let us know if you need any help. " I smiled at her.

"Oh sweet girl, Thankyou so much. This is my retirement home. I and my husband bought it when he was trying to find us a place to settle down. Unfortunately, he passed away before we even lived here for a day. We rented it and I moved to my daughter's place to look after my grandson. Now, he will be attending architecture engineering here. So I decided to help him with the move. He insisted I stay with him. He was here yesterday, but went back to spend some time with his friends before his classes started. He will be coming next week. I am here to look after some minor repair work." She told us gently.

I was surprised to learn that there will be my potential classmate living next door. Hopefully he was nice enough to atleast befriend. My sister nudged at me after she heard about the guy, smirking at me. As if something was going to happen. My aim was to become the best Architect and nothing else. No distractions.

Ritu ji  chatted with us for another hour serving us coffee and cookies. I loved her instantly. We both were very happy to have an elderly and kind person right beside our place. We left with happy and contented heart promising to be regular visitors.

After coming back, we both discussed about our parents 25th marriage anniversary surprise party which was in a month. My sister was gifting them a grand cruise holiday for a week. I wasn't sure what to buy yet. I had time so I was happily procrastinating.

With really happy and positive thoughts I went to sleep.

After that a week went by easily without any incidents which put me in tricky situation.

Ritu Ji had come to our house for dinner and many other times in just a week. She was now our best buddy. She was cool and connected to us easily. I once called her nanima and she was ecstatic, since then she was our Nanima. She had invited us for dinner tomorrow as her grandson was arriving. I was really intrigued to meet this guy. I had forgotten to ask his name and she had always called him her grandson so his name also was mystery.

I wore a beautiful navy blue sundress which was just above my knee. With little lip gloss and mascara I was ready. I didn't wear my glasses now as they were broken because of certain jerk in the park. My sister looked beautiful as always. She was always dressed the best. Always perfect.

With some flowers and home made cookies we rang the next door. Ritu Ji happily welcomed us. She was telling how her grandson had made her happy by coming back. We were waiting for him to grace us with his presence after half an hour of our entry. I smelled the delicious aroma of food and my stomach started rumbling obnoxiously. I smiled at my scowling sis.

Their house was very posh and newly renovated with all modern and latest design. The amatuer architect in me loved their place. I was happily enjoying looking at their place. Their house was way bigger than ours. It was a duplex with 4 beds and 4 baths. A huge living room and a great kitchen with most beautiful cutlaries. They spoke money. But Ritu Ji was too grounded to show off.

Once we were seated, her grandson came and hugged her and kissed her cheeks. I was suddenly very happy with the homey environment. Had a good feeling about a guy who was willing to stay with his grandma even when he was in college.

"My beautiful girls, meet my grandson Manik."
She introduced us happily. When that grandson turned towards us I stopped breathing. It was the same obnoxious notorious guy from the park. My jaw literally dropped. When my sister was happily shaking hands with him, I was shaking with anger. He looked at me and smiled very wickedly but did not let me know if he had recognized me without the glasses. I just started feeding myself with everything Ritu Ji had made. My plate was overflowing. I just said Hi and started eating. They were talking as if I didn't exist in room. I was quiet ok with that. I finished my first serving and went for second one. The gorgeous aloo parathas and boondi raita had me made me forget about everything in the world. I was literally moaning with every bite. When I glanced at him, the jerk was smirking at me. I ignored and relished my food thanking Ritu Ji many a times.

Manik

Woah!!! the park girl. This is going to be so much fun. I suddenly started loving this place. I was going to have gala time with my neighbor cum classmate. Though I couldn't at once recognize her, she was one gorgeous girl. Her beautiful eyes had me gone blank for a while. She looked effortlessly beautiful without any makeup. I would never say that to her. The way she was enjoying her food surprised me. She was skinny yet had quiet an appetite. One more unusual thing about this girl. So, her name was Nandini..interesting..hmmmmm.

When she glared at me, I winked at her. She got red either with anger or she was blushing.

I loved every bit of this situation. I decided to play with her. I wouldn't let her know that I had recognized her. I had an A card and a wild card as well. Little did she know that her dog situation at the park was being beautifully captured in HD version in my phone.

Let the games begin Ms. Nandu. I smiled sweetly at her knowing she was putty in my hands already. She bit her lip controlling her anger.

A.N : Will update regularly. It's my third Manan fan fiction.
Keep supporting 😊❤. Do comment.

Stay safe.