Chapter 1.

Nandini

I like to be called as Nandu. I am staying with my sister who is five years older to me and works as a fashion designer for a very famous fashion house. She is absolute love. We are staying at our parents house which is nice three bedroom apartment with all modern furnishings.Its located at the outskirts of Mumbai which is two hour drive from main city.I love this place because I was born and raised here in this very own house.I am emotionally attached to every corner.

My parents stayed with us until recently but had to move to my Grandpas farmhouse to take care of family home which is hundred miles away from our place. My parents also wanted to give us growing girls our own space they are the sweetest parents ever. My dad was a English Professor who took early retirement and mom is a Physiotherapist who is now working in the small town where our family home is. Since my sister is a legal adult I am left under her care. Even though I am already eighteen everyone pampers me to the fullest. I love my family.

I was done with my class 12. I am a certified nerd who wears baggy clothes and never wears any makeup and ofcourse my glasses which I really wear only for show off otherwise my vision is perfect 20/20. I have quite a few genuine friends. My interest from the beginning has always been studying and reading books. I never was in for partying or socialising. I had perfect figure but never have I flaunted it to everyone just because I wanted no distraction. And now I am accepted in reputed Engineering school for Architecture course. Its always been my dream to build beautiful and meaningful houses.

I was so bored studying so I decided to go to my favourite park where I have my favourite place to sit and read.I was now reading Harry Potter Edition five for fortieth time.It was my escape from everything .I loved fantasy like anything.

I started reading my book with immense interest as if I was reading it for the first time.

After sometime I heard some panting and groaning .I ignored it and continued reading.

"Damn it's so hot here " murmured someone near to me.

I peeked and looked at a guy who was shirtless and was now drinking water.He was one fine male specimen.

I ignored him and got back to reading.

"Excuse me do you have any water ?" The guy asked.I took out my unused water bottle and handed it over to him without looking at him.He drank it in one gulp, seems like he had nice run in this hot weather.

"Thanks Miss your name ?" 

"You are welcome and I am not interested Thank you, " I said without looking at him because he was shirtless and I was uncomfortable. I had not seen him here. He was a complete stranger.

"This is public park Why are you half naked there are kids around here.Get yourself a shirt " I managed to look at him sideways.

"Rude much ? I was just being polite. Seems like people these days don't acknowledge politeness. And I am really feeling hot and ofcourse I am Hot guy with six pack abs so why not show off. " He said with harsh tone.

"Please leave me alone I am kind of busy here, " I turned to him and looked at him properly he indeed was very good looking . May be he is of my own age. His tanned golden skin was glowing in sunlight.

He smirked now that he had seen me completely .

"You look cute.I give a ten on that. But you are not my type. I mean my type is Hot where you get a zero." 

He just did not say that !One thing I absolutely hate is people objectifying us. For God's sake I am not food or drink to be hot or cold. Even at my school the stupid jerks said the same thing. 

"Hey you are a cutie but not hot so I won't date you. " I have heard that hundred times. I never wanted to be one to be paid attention to. Had I been dressed like my sister I would have been most popular girl at school. I chose to be modest simple and almost incognito.

"Come on just your name nerdy .I would never go out with a girl like you.. don't worry you are not hot at all " he barked again.

Take deep breath Nandu. Ignore this idiot.

"But I could set you up with one of my nerdy friend, he has had no girlfriends in his entire life " He laughed like a lunatic.

That was it.

I smiled at him sweetly. With my right hand I pinched on his left bicep and when he was speechless and had his mouth wide open I scratched the same place with my sharp nails and then I realised I had been foolish enough to assault some stranger.

Before he was back to his senses I got up quickly and as a reflex action he tripped me when I tried to run which made my glasses completely getting crushed by a running kid. There goes my expensive ray ban  glasses. This jerk is so annoying. I had no time to cry over my glasses so I ran and ran until I reached my house. I didn't even look back I heard him yelling at me with all colourful words.

Aiyappa I left my Harry Potter book on the bench. Just great!! not only did I get my glasses crushed but also my favourite book was lost forever. I really wish I never ever meet this guy in future. I would most definitely strangle him. I hate you so very much shirtless brat.

From that day I stopped going to the park. And I stopped wearing glasses because I had to earn to get one I was too lazy to work.

But after finishing my high school I was too bored at home so I joined a diner for work. I still had three months to join college. They were very kind middle aged couple Mr and Mrs Gupta who served the most yummiest food in our town.

I sure got to have my fair share of cup cakes and pies and what not. I had great metabolism because I hardly worked out. I ate anything and everything. I do thirty minutes of Yoga and breathing excercise that really keeps me sane.

My sister's job was demanding so she hardly stayed home .All I had was books Netflix and xbox.

I was so looking forward to College. My friends had already been travelling and enjoying their break before college. I was not interested in travelling at the moment.

"Hey Nandu what's up how was work" asked my sister walking up to me to the couch, she seemed so tired it was already eight in the night.

"Work was great I got some take away lets have dinner I am starving.You freshen up I will arrange the plates  " I said kissing her cheeks.

She went to her room.I started serving us food. It was Rajma chaval today and was absolutely delicious can't wait more now. "Make it fast Nish I am starving, " I shouted.

After long fifteen minutes she joined me and we attacked our food like two starved animals.

After all the chores we were in our own rooms my sister most probably dozed off because of tiredness and I was happy to get my reading time I read two hours before I go to sleep.
I slowly drifted to sleep thinking about my future.