chapter two

"Incendio," Chloe recited; the leaf in front of her was set on fire. "Another stunning performance Miss Bourgeois," the instructor, Ms.
Mendeleiev, was impressed Chloe was able to get it on her first try. She then moved on to the next student behind Chloe.

This was too easy for her; she thought it was pointless to be in class if she already knew everything for today's lecture. Suddenly a big fireball flew passed her, setting the instructor's desk on fire. Chloe glared at the direction it came from; it is none other than Marinette Dupain-Cheng. "Aguamenti," Ms. Mendeleiev casted water from thin air; putting out the fire that was engulfing her desk. "Please be careful with your wand. You need to be aware of your surroundings, you almost took out half the class... including my desk." Ms. Mendeleiev looked disapprovingly at the blue pigtailed girl; the instructor then non-verbally used a reparo spell to repair what may have been damaged.

"How are you even a witch?" Chloe ridiculed. Marinette turned red with anger,"You're no competition Chloe, you're not so Miss Perfect yourself," She shot back.

"You want to challenge me Dupain-Cheng?" Chloe had a smug face there was no way someone like Marinette can do better than her.

"What is your problem Bourgeois?" Alya Césaire interjected. "Excuse me?! Clumsy over here nearly killed me with a blazing fireball!" Chloe said in disbelief.

"It was an accident, and it wasn't only you that I almost burn to ashes," Marinette argued, but then mentally smacked her forehead realizing what she had said was not a great comeback. Chloe smirked and cupped her ear, "Then I don't hear an apology Dupain-Cheng," Chloe grinned in delight.

"Why you-"

"That's enough you two!" Ms. Mendeleiev cuts in before they could engage a duel. "Frankly I don't want spells being casted in my class so carelessly. Clearly Miss Dupain-Cheng you need to study and practice more," Chloe laughed out loud, she thought Ms. Mendeleiv couldn't have said it any better. The instructor then looked at Chloe, "Since Miss Bourgeois is such an excellent student, I think she is best suited to help Miss Dupain-Cheng with her studies."

"What?!?!" They both yelled in sync.

~

Dear Mademoiselle,

I apologize that you did not receive your gifts from Paris. I did send them but it seems another student at the academy received it. They seem so generous they even offered to give you the package themselves.

Maybe they can be your friend while you're attending the academy, it is your fourth year and you should try to make the most of your youth. Please write back to me as soon as you can, I would love to know what is happening at school so far. Hopefully there is a change from your usual routine.

Your Butler,
Jean

Why does it seem like her butler was planning something, Chloe thought. What she couldn't believe, is that someone read the letter her butler replied back with. "This is why I tell him to use a parchment-sealing spell," She quietly said to herself annoyed with the situation. She hoped that whoever has the package, did not open it. Those chocolates were so hard to come by in Paris, even for the mayor himself if he ever requested for a single box.

Chloe was presently waiting in the library for Marinette to finish hunting for magical plants; Miss Mendeleiev assigned the task as punishment from the event that occurred in this morning's class. Knowing Dupain-Cheng was going to take forever, she decided to head back to the committee tower to send a letter to fire her butler, maybe even use a howler for the occasion she thought.

Meanwhile...

Marinette was in the nymph forest not far from the school. Ms. Mendeleiev and five other students, including her, just finished collecting a few plants and herbs near the Mediterranean Sea. They returned just before sunset by using a portkey shaped as a tea kettle.

Heading out of the forest, she noticed a familiar blue headed boy walking by. "Hi Luka," Marinette blushed instantly the moment she realized it was him.

Luka looked over his shoulder, Marinette was covered in grass stains spotted on her uniform. He gently smiled and wrote a note in his parchment notebook, "Hi Marinette, are you looking for herbs for Ms. Mendeleiev?"

Marinette read what he wrote and replied back with a nod, "We just got back from collecting gillyweeds," Marinette smiled at the mute. "I kinda set her desk on fire during class today," she bowed her head in embarrassment.

Luka chuckled and quickly wrote, "That's okay, at least no one got hurt. I'm heading to the committee tower, would you like to join me?" He offered.

"Are you sending a letter to someone back home?" Marinette's asked curiously. She waited patiently for Luka as he wrote in his notebook once more. However, she noticed Adrien with Kagami in the gardens, they look like they just came back from duel practice. Once Luka finished writing, he presented the note to a distracted Marinette. He followed the direction she was focused on; two people wearing duel match uniforms, one of them being Adrien Agreste. Non-verbally, Luka casted a Tergeo spell to lift any stains off of Marinette's uniform, breaking her attention from Adrien. He then started a fresh page and wrote something else down; Marinette looked up to read: "You should say hi to him C:" He encouraged. Marinette blushed,"Thank you Luka," she kissed him on the cheek for the kind gesture before running after Adrien.

Luka was pleased and continued his mission to the committee tower. Nevertheless, a girl was waiting for help, in need of a rescue from the vultures; trying to attack her for disturbing their peace.