Crack

Waking up in a desert, with no memory of anything, no supplies, and a wimpy nerd. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my spring break. But if there was a way back home, it sure as hell wasn't back there with Tom. The kid was a nark, he always had been. High school proved that when he joined mathletes instead of the football team. Idiot. He was perfect for the team. And the kid always had some smart ass thing to say. His brain and mouth, always getting him into trouble... Except he was the good guy. That's what he was known for. Being a goody-two-shoes piece of...
"SHIT!" I exclaimed as I hit the ground. I didn't see or feel anything hit me, and I was already pissed off. Whatever it was, it better be sorry. And ready for a fight.
"What the FUCK!?" I said as I stood up and brushed myself off. I looked to see what I had tripped over and I was confused as hell when I did.
A crack. Right in the ground. At least 5inches wide, who knows how deep, and it stretched off into the distance, for about a mile. When I looked down it all I saw was pitch black. Other smaller cracks broke off from it, and I saw where I had taken a chunk out of the edge off it.
"Shit..." I thought to myself, "nerd boy would be going nuts over this right about now."
Then I started looking back from where I had walked. I had come over two sand dunes, and walked at least a half a mile. Good. Finally, I felt like I was far enough away from Thomas, and decided I'd just stay here until he came looking for me. Which I knew wouldn't take long at all.
I sat down and rested my hands on my knees. I watched the sun burn in the sky. It was hot. Really hot. Where the hell was I?
"Well," I thought to myself, "I have some time, might as well get comfy!" I took off my shoes and socks and did my best to get as much sand as I could out of them. Then I took my shirt off and tucked it in the back of my pants.
"Won't be needing this for a while. At least until the sun's down." I said to myself.
I waited a little while longer, trying to figure out what happened and how I got here, then decided to start moving again. I was just getting up when a low rumbling sound surprised me. Then the ground started shaking, and I ended up on my ass again. Standing up once again, cursing under my breath, I heard another noise. It was the crack, widening and breaking open more. I watched it, then I heard yet another noise. The same noise, much louder, coming from over the hill, where I had walked from. And then, I heard Thomas screaming.