ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

in the last chapter...

I took a couple of steps back-words before running forward and shoving my sword into the ground, using it to propel myself into the air.

I was pretty high in the air, and I took off my haori and used it as a parachute- well more of a glider-type thing. I specially made my haori so it could glide like this, obviously your average haori wouldn't.

I made my way to the upper moon.

-

"Don't ever give up. Even if it's painful, even if it's agonizing, don't try to take the easy way out..." - Zenitu Agatsuma

-

My eyes widened as I saw something in a distance. I could recognize some pillars fighting- Such as Rengoku and Shinazugawa. I couldn't see the demon but I could see blood... Lots of lots and blood.

My breath hitched in my throat and I panicked, accidentally letting go of my haori, and as I was about to tumble into the trees, someone grabbed my hand and I felt intense eyes staring at me with slight annoyance. "Oi. Don't freak out now. Go help them kick that demon's ass, and don't make me save you again." I heard Obanai hiss and I sweatdropped.

"..Right. Sorry, Obanai-San." I stated and Obanai tch'd before letting go of my hand, and I landed on the ground, put my haori back on, then ran over to where the demon was. I almost stopped in my tracks at how disgusting the demon looked.

It was a pale-white humanoid creature that seemed to have mouths where their eyes should be and an eye where the mouth should be- along with another eye on their forehead. 

And unfortunately... It already seemed to have noticed me. 

"Ohohohoho~! Seems as if another slayer has come. You guys must be really struggling to kill me, hehehe~" The... The thing teased and my eyebrows furrowed together as I looked at the other pillars and noticed something.

Noticed somethings, actually. The blood- it was barely from any of the pillars. Instead, lower ranked demon slayers that had failed at slaying the demon and died. 

The only thought that went through my head at the time was... why? Why the hell would they send them to try and kill this upper moon without help from pillars? Why...

I almost didn't even notice fish coming out of no where that were about to spit stuff at me, and I wasn't about to figure out what it was. 

"Breath of The Youkai, third form, The Spirit's Whirlwinds." I muttered to myself as soon as the fish started spitting what seemed to be needles at me.

 I watched as a purple haze grew around me in a tornado-like way, catching all of the tiny needles. As soon as I figured that I caught all of the needles in the whirlwind, I pointed my sword at the demon. "...Whirlwind, backfire." I whispered and the tornado shot all of the tiny needles at the demon, but when the purple mist cleared, I noticed that the demon wasn't there, which made me sigh of frustration.

"Agh-" I heard someone groan and I turned around, seeing that Gyomei was defending an injured Mitsuri. I looked around to see if Obanai was gonna come help her but he wasno whereto be seen. I sighed lightly as I ran over and picked up Mitsuri, than ran over to somewhere that was more safe, further from the odd-looking pot demon.