ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

in the last chapter...

And with that, I walked into the room and flopped onto the bed in there, staring at the cieling in thought.

I doubt Tokitou likes me. Perhaps this is just how he acted before he lost his memories? A kind person? It could very be that, but Kochou also.. couldn't be wrong. But how can someone love a person like me?

I sighed as I shut my eyes, soon falling asleep.

-

I yawned as I woke up and checked my clock. It was nine AM, which gave me some time to get ready before I was going to go train with Tokitou.

I thought back on what Kochou had told me earlier and.. maybe I should truly think about it. But I'm still not completely sure. It's a hard thing to tell— to tell if he's just being extra kind or if he's actually... in love with me. It might be a bit of a stretch but... we'll see.

"Good morning L/N-Sama!" I heard Youkai exclaimed and I almost yelped. "H-Hey! Don't scare me like that!"

Youkai muttered a string of apologies and I sighed lightly with a smile.

I sucked in a breath as I stood up slowly from my breath, keeping my balance as best as I could. It wasn't absolutely terrible, but it wasn't very good either. It was just eh.

I put on my uniform and haori, almost tripping a couple of times as I put the pants on. I smiled and did a little cheer when I finished putting on my uniform. "Heyy!! I did it! Great!" I smiled as I slowly walked over and grabbed Youkai, then headed out to the backyard to wait for Tokitou.

Or... not.

"Good morning, L/N-San!" He greeted me and my soul almost left my body. That was the second time someone has accidentally scared me in the matter of 10 minutes. Great.

"M-Morning Tokitou-San.." I murmured as I stumbled over to him.

"We're going to go on a walk, come on." He grabbed my hand and my face tinted a light red.

"Come again...? I thought we were going to train?" I asked and he nodded as he pointed at my legs.

"This is training. Training for your legs. Im not going to make you run or something, just a nice walk. It'll help you regain the feeling in your legs. Slowly but surely." He stated and I hummed with a nod.

"Okay, that makes sense. Lets go then, I suppose." I smiled nervously and he nodded as we walked out of the Butterfly Estate's backyard and just walked down the road outside.

There was a peaceful silence as we walked, the only noise being the soft whisper of wind and the noise of our footsteps on the road.

...

"Hey, L/N-San." I heard Tokitou say and I turned my head to him with a simple hum.

Tokitou paused for a moment and just gazed at me before grabbing my hand and continued walking like nothing just happened. Needless to say, my face turned a bright cherry color.

"T-Tokitou-San? What are you doing?" I asked and he looked at me again.

"Holding your hand. Do you not want me to..?" He asked a bit sadly and I was quick to shake my head. "No, no... You can hold it.. Just uhm.. Nevermind." I said and he smiled lightly before he continued walking down the road.