If This Is What You Want I Support It

Betty's POV

We were head back home.Jughead seemed pretty happy considering what we were gonna do later today.He hasn't told anyone else,I think he's waiting until the papers were actually signed.I don't think he wanted anyone besides me to talk him out of it.

Veronica:I'm not ready to go home yet, the fun was just beginning.

Jughead:I think the fun started after mine and Archie's first drink.

Veronica:How was the trip for you Betty?

Betty:It was good.

Archie:That wasn't very convincing even for me.

Betty:I just didn't sleep much last night.

Veronica:Yeah I didn't either.

Veronica winked at Archie and I realized what she meant.Oh god.Jughead was holding in a laugh.I was glad he was having a good time considering the circumstances.

Veronica:Do you wanna go to Pop's when we get back into town?

Jughead:Actually me and Betty promised to have dinner with her mom.

Archie:I guess it'll just be me and you.

Archie put his arm around Veronica,as I looked at them Jughead grabbed my hand and he had a slight smile on his face.My face lit up a bit after that,as long as he was happy I would be happy too.Jughead and I were dropped off at my house and we brought our bags in my room.

Betty:When did you wanna go?

Jughead:If we leave now we can avoid your mom asking us a million questions.

Betty:Then let's go.

We decided to walk to the hospital so we could share some time together on the peaceful walk.I have to admit it was really nice and it washed away my worries, until we got to the hospital then it all came back.

Jughead:If you really don't want this I won't do it.You know that don't you?

Betty:I know, but if this is what you want I support it.

Jughead:Thank you.

We headed inside and went to Jughead's doctor's office.Jughead paused at his door,he looked worried.

Jughead's POV

I thought to myself once I step into his office there was no going back.What if I really was making the wrong decision.I couldn't stop thinking if what I was doing was right and then when I thought I should turn around Betty grabbed my hand.I looked over at her and she had a cute little smile on her face.Then I opened the door.

Doctor Johnson:Hello Mr. Jones,how are you doing today?

Jughead:I'm good, how are you?

Doctor Johnson:I'm fine.So I assume you came to a decision.

Jughead:I have and I brought my wife with me.

Doctor Johnson:Hello Mrs. Jones.

Betty:Hello,and you can call me Betty.

I never heard anyone call her Mrs. Jones before and it was kinda nice.

Doctor Johnson:So what decision have you made.

Jughead:I'm gonna sign the DNR papers.

Doctor Johnson:Okay before you sign the papers I would like to talk over the conditions with you and your wife.

Jughead:I understand.

He went on talking for about 30 minutes explaining that if I coded again then they couldn't help me no matter the circumstances.Betty looked a little sad after he was done talking.I didn't want her to be sad anymore.

Doctor Johnson:So are you ready to sign?

I looked over at Betty and she smiled and nodded as if telling me she was okay with it.I smiled back at her.

Jughead:Yes,I'm ready.

Doctor Johnson handed me the papers and I signed them.It was done no turning back.

Doctor Johnson:It was good seeing you Mr. Jones.

He shook my hand and then Betty's and we left his office.Betty and I held hands the whole way back home.When we were approaching her house she noticed her mom was home.We walked in and Alice came into the room and gave Betty a hug then she came over to me and gave me a hug as well.

Alice:How was the trip?

Betty:It was good.

Alice:Where did you guys go afterwards?I saw your bags but you guys were gone.

Betty looked to me as if asking permission to tell her.

Jughead:Umm I need to get something from upstairs.

Betty's POV

Jughead went upstairs at that immediately made my mom concerned.I looked at her holding back my tears.

Betty:We umm...

Alice:Did you guys get into trouble?

Betty:No we actually went the hospital.

Alice:Why?!?Did something happen to Jughead again?!?

Betty:We went to sign his DNR papers.

By now I couldn't stop myself from crying.My mom came over to me and wrapped me in a hug.

Alice:That was very brave of you to do that with him.

Betty:I'm not ready for him to leave, but I understand it's what he needs.

She squeezed me tighter.I felt a lot better after telling her,I needed someone else to know and I'm glad I was my mom.

Betty:I'm gonna go see Jughead,I'll see you at dinner.

Alice:Okay I love you sweetheart.

Betty:I love you too Mom.

I went upstairs to my room and saw Jughead unpacking his bag.

Jughead:Hey!

Betty:Hi.

Jughead:How did that go?

Betty:She was very understanding of the situation.

Jughead:That's a relief.

Betty:So when are you gonna tell Archie and Veronica?

Jughead:Soon but let's just have today for us to spend time together at home.

I'm glad he can call this place home it meant more to me than he thinks.We sat on my bed and I held him tight because who knew when the last time I would be able to do this would be.