~Chapter 6~

What Happened Last Time....

Me and Sam hurried to leave school. Just as we are about to walk out the door Ryan stops me. "Remember to come straight home after work. Mother wants diner on the table by seven," he says and walks away.
I sigh.

"Come on Let's get you to work," Sam states.

On With the Story....

I work at a book store(A/N I said something else in Chapter 1). It's small, but I like it that way. My boss' name is Ingrid and, she is nice. She has orange hair and grey eyes with fair skin. She is in her early thirties.

"Thanks for dropping me off Sam."

"No problem Lace. Have a good day work and see you tomorrow."

"Later." I watch as she drives away.

Once I was inside, I felt the difference between the temperature outside and inside. It was so much cooler inside the book store. It was nice.

There were few people in the store. As I walked up to the cash register, Ingrid was checking someone out.

"Hey Lacey. How was your first day of school," she asked sweetly.

"As good as it ever gets," I said as u thought about my day. I thought about what happened with Missy and Ryan.

And Blake.

As my thoughts drifted to Blake, I did not realize that my face was turning red;however, Ingrid.

"Is someone blushing," as a smile crawls on to Ingrid's face.

"What!? No! I was simply thinking about... stuff," I say while walking to the back to drop off my stuff.

"Mmhm," Ingrid had a smirk on her face. "I will find out what happened today."

The day continued as always. Me putting books back on to the shelves and checking out customers.

Soon lunch came and Ingrid was right by my side after putting up the "We will be back later" sign.

"So tell me what happened today at school," she said excitingly.

I sighed," Fine." So I explained everything that happened today. I even told her how I felt when I was near Blake. When I was done, I looked down while blushing. I hope she does not think less of me because of my feelings toward Blake.

"Lacey look at me," Ingrid said to me. I slowly lifted my head and looked her in her eyes. I was surprised at what was on her face. "First, I do not think any less of you. Secondly, I am so happy you ate experiencing. your first real crush. I might even say love," she says looking at me with a smile on her face.

This made me so happy that she was not disgusted of me. Now I have to tell Sam.

"Thanks Ingrid," I said while hugging her.

"I'm not happy that he is your teacher, but I guess I can't do anything about it, she said. "Other then this whole liking your teacher thing, what else happened to day?"

"Same old, same old," I replied. "Well actually because of all the gossip about Blake there was less attention on me. That made me a little happy."

"Nice," Ingrid said.

So after we had our little moment, we had lunch and then opened the store back up. The day continued as normal. I did not realize it was closing time until Ingrid was saying goodbye to the last customer. "Well I'll see you tomorrow Lace," Ingrid said as she licked up.

"Okay. See you tomorrow," I said as I walked away. I walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus. Once the bus came, I got on and I was in my way home.

Soon as I got inside the house I started dinner. I decided to make spaghetti with salad and garlic bread. As I was cooking, Missy walked in while talking in the phone.

"I can't wait for tomorrow with Mr.Sterling," she said to her friend on the phone. "I am going to make a small adjustment to my P.E. uniform."

I rolled my eyes at the comment. I can only image how small that adjustment will be. Missy grabbed a water from the fridge and left the kitchen.

Once I was done with dinner, I placed everything on the table and called everyone to the table. Everyone expect my dado not surprised, came strolling in. Missy was still on the phone, Cruel Ella was on her lap top, and Ryan was pretty much running, not surprised about that either.

Missy only got salad, Cruel Ella got salad and a little bit of noodles, and Ryan got everything but salad. There was a mini mountain on his plate.

Everything was peaceful, other than the loud smacking coming from Ryan's mouth and Missy talking in the phone. Sometime into dinner Missy stopped talking on the phone.

"Mom guess what happened today. You know what don't. There is a hot, new teacher at school. His name is Blake Sterling. He is my P.E. teacher," she gushed.

"That's great honey," Whitney said.

"I know right," Missy said with a huge smile on her face.

"And Ryan, how was your day?"

Muffled sounds came out of mouth filled with food. Nasty as usually.

"Don't talk with your mouth full. It's disgusting," Whitney said. And so, dinner continued with silence. Eventually, my step-mother and step siblings left the table. I cleaned the table and went to my room.

When Whitney and the twins, I lost a lot if things, but the only good thing I got to keep was my room. I have a lot of memories in it and I get this amazing view of the forest. I can only see it through the sit window in my room.

My room is adorned with purple, blue, white and black, but mostly purple. I have a queen sized bed that sits in the middle of my room.

Me and Missy share a bathroom. In other words, if I do not want to be late for school I have to wake really early. She spends about two hours in there. No kidding, she does. There is nothing wrong with looking good in the morning, but it is just school not the club or prom, or some major event.

Anyway, I went to go sit on my window sit. Thinking about Blake, Missy, and everything else makes me realize that this school year will be different.

After sometime thinking, I took my shower and got ready for bed. I hope tomorrow will go smoothly.

If I was surviving high school before, man I have to step up my game.

And that is Chapter 6. Hope you enjoyed.