Chapter 2

It's been a long day today and I just finished the assigned work for me. I remember the way Harry remarked about my breakfast today. I ate pancakes and muffins and drank tea what is wrong with that? 

He said I quote."You can't just drink tea in the morning and eat both pancakes and muffins. You must choose one Lia and instead of tea with no milk drink coffee."He says trying to keep a steady face. 

I groaned at him and replied that this was America and there is freedom in this country to eat breakfast you like in which he argued that tea were originated from his country and they drink tea in the evening. I have to Google it and see whether he was telling the truth. Moreover he kept telling me about this story of tea but I just got lost in his pink lips when I shouldn't. 

The familiar soft music breaks my trance and is heard beside me and I look at the caller ID. It is my best friend Cindy calling. 

"Hi I haven't got a call from you since Obama became the president."I answer and hear a giggle from the other line."It was that long huh?" 

She called me last week also but we were always together so it feels that long. She went abroad to continue her higher studies in England and now she is back. She was my only friend who I could trust so I really missed her. 

"Okay I called you because I am coming today."Cindy says in an excited voice and I look at the small calendar which was on my table to realize it was twenty third because she reminded last week that she was coming today. Where did my memory go? 

"I can't wait to see you Cindy it's been long like six months yeah?"I ask."Yeah so listen Lia can I stay at your place next week? My parents are not home so I was hoping to stay at your place. 

I reply immediately."Of course Cin, you can stay with me anytime you want." 

"Thank you Lia, okay I have to go the flight is boarding bye."She thanks me. 

"Bye and don't thank me dude."I say more in a playfully gracious tone. The line went off and I put my phone in the pocket of my grey coat. 

I gaze at the little clock on the table indicating me that I have another five minutes to leave. 

My father has gone to Sacramento to manage some work in their so I am alone with Mary today at our home. Mary is our house maid who is on her mid forties. She is the kindest woman I have ever met and have been with us for almost eighteen years. 

I walk over to my car and start the engine and within seconds the engine went down. I try again and again but the same results were obtained. Thinking some smutty words I shut the door and walk to the pavement and waits till a taxi comes. The sky was grey and dark and a cold breeze passes which made me shiver a bit and then little drops of rain fell down. 

If I didn't have my office work and not wearing an office wear with heels I would jump up and down enjoying the beautiful weather but in this moment my reactions are complete opposite. The little drops were fast now and I run to a nearby exposed shelter with a roof and warmed my self by rubbing my hands and pulling my coat. 

To my surprise I hear a honking of a car and the shutters roll down. The surprise on my face was swept away when the curls hair appears with the signature smirk on his face. 

"Need a ride?"He asks opening the door. 

"I guess?"I say more in a question form. 

"Get in."He says tilting his head a little and I do as he says. His heater was on and I thanks the lord above for I was shivering. I was not soaked but the coldness got me and I shivered a bit but now I was getting warm. Harry stared at me for sometime and I was feeling a little self-conscious so I threw my question at him."What?"I ask pulling my eyebrows up he just shake his head off and pulls to the road. 

"What happened to your car?"He finally consults. 

"My car didn't start. What are you doing in this side?"I ask and thinking myself to call a mechanic tonight. 

"I work in this side of the city, did you forget Lianna?"He replies playfully ridiculing my memory. I roll my eyes at him in reply. 

Silence lingers. Not a gawky one but a comfortable one.  

"So what are your hobbies Lianna?"His question took me by surprise. 

"Don't call me by my full name and my hobbies really that's what you are asking when I am soaked and dying for a hot coffee?"I know he is trying to start a conversation but I can't help think about coffee. 

"What am I supposed to say Lianna and for the record you drink coffee in the morning." 

"Stop calling me that Harold I swear I'll kick you ass."I say in a warning tone."Oh I would like that."He says cheekily receiving a glare from me. 

"Whoa okay Lia."He says backing down. 

"Good." 

"What is this company your working?"He asks furrowing his eyebrows showing that he is curious to know. 

"It is not a company but a private management. It's the head office managing three hotels in Seattle, Portland and Sacramento." 

He nods 

He asks about me and come to think of it I didn't know how to answer that question. I answer the basics."I learned management in CALU and started working under my father. My parents are divorced and my father got the full custody of me."Harry watches me creasing his eyebrows and I continue."I got only one friend and she is coming tomorrow after going for abroad and well my hobbies are reading. I love reading."I stop my blabbering when Harry questions me about the books I read "I love Dickens's books and Austen's books." 

"I read books too I mean I used to."He says his eyes shinning brightly but fades soon after. 

"I didn't know you were into reading, you don't seem that kind."I say truthfully looking at him. Meanwhile I give the directions for my home. 

He chuckles and asks "What kind do you think I am."His eyes fix on the road. 

"Uh I don't know a hot British punk boy with tattoos."Why did I admit to him that he was hot? , now his ego will grow. I have a boyfriend and me and Harry can be friends. He has gone back to Washington and he has not called you in days. My subconscious reminds me. But he is responsible of a company which is his main priority he will call me when he is free. 

"Oh so you think I am hot?"He asks smirking 

"Get over it Harold."I say rolling my eyes and looking out the window. 

Few minutes passes each of us saying nothing and open his lips to talk. He seems to have many questions about me. 

"So why did your parents divorced?"I thought he was going to ask whether I had pets. 

"Are you really interested in my story? It's not that great you know. Tell be about yours."I say back. 

"There's nothing to tell about me."He tells his voice becoming deeper and his emerald green eyes turning shady. 

"See then you don't want to know about my one either I mean how do I know if you are not a stalker and all. " I say eyeing at him suspiciously because there's always that thought evolving in my head. 

"I am not a stalker Lia where did you even get that idea?"Harry says in an amused tone. 

"After-It's uh nothing."I quickly covered what I was going to tell and thank the lord above for reaching the destination at the correct time. 

I speak before he could say anything that I was here and mutters a thank you before getting out of the car. 

I do not want my past to get involve in my present. 

There was a BMW parked and it got me thinking of who might have come. The figure in front of me was not the one I was looking forward to I see when I entered the house. 

Wearing an expensive looking suit with bright red lipstick was none other than 

"Mother?"Shock was written all over my face. What is she doing here? I hang my coat and Mary appears behind my mother with a cup of beverage. 

"Hello Lianna."She greets me with a smile on her face. She gives kisses to both my cheeks. I smile back at her with my mind running the reason about her arrival.