1: Summoned

Author's Note:

Yes, this is a self-insert story. However, no: I am not planning to make them a Gary stu character. All the abilities that he'll be obtaining will canonically be available to every cardinal hero. The only thing even slightly OP about him is the foresight/hindsight of the light novel up to chapter 224. Even that, overtime, will be rendered obsolete as the butterfly effect takes effect.

The version of Welst and Rojeel will be coming from the fanfic "The Rising of the Four Heroes" as I have no basis at the moment for what type of people they are.

(Read their fic at: /s/13463628/1/The-Rising-of-The-Four-Heroes)

Finally, the Bow, Spear, and Sword fics may seem like copy-pastes of each other, but I promise that they'll have major differences as the chapters continue.

Xenysis's face hits stone, leaving him dazed for a good minute. Struggling to stand, notices a weapon in his hand: a metal bow. 'What in the...'

Now standing, he takes in his surroundings. He finds himself in a dark room, with a glowing green light coming from the floor, and a natural light coming from the only doorway.

A group of robed people seem to be congratulating each other, while breathing heavily. Suspicious of just how familiar this situation is, Xenysis look behind him to see three figures. The closest has short dark hair and wields a sword, the middle one is a long-haired blonde holding a spear, and the last one has short back hair and seems to have a shield welded to his arm. 'Wait... is this-'

Priest: "Heroes, please save this world!"

'Yep. It is.' Xenysis, upon finding out where he was based on the first phrase out of the priest's mouth, proceeds to tune all audio out as he tries to remember how he got here...

Finally finished with his father's tasks for him, Xenysis sits at his desk to relax for probably a minute at most. He opens up his internet browser to continue reading a light novel that he's been pretty invested in: 'Tate No Yuusha No Nariagari'. He scrolls down to the chapter that he was last on.

Xenysis: "Alright, let's see here."
Xenysis: "Chapter 224: Fiance..."
Xenysis: "Wait..."

The chapter is blank. Before Xenysis could investigate properly, the screen glows with a familiar golden light as he feels the ground and chair leave him.

'If what I believe is true, then that means I must have transported to the world of the cardinal heroes. And if that's true, then I'm gonna need to-' Xensysis feels a tap on his shoulder, and turns to see the shield hero grinning innocently toward him. Xenysis smiles sadly, before following the shield hero out of the summoning room. As they all head up the stairs, stopping halfway for the shield hero to see the view of the town, Xenysis opens up his status magic. After all, he does need to confirm his position among the group. Written, clear as day, is his title: Xenysis Ryder, Bow Hero.

As the group reached the doors to the throne room, Xenysis did two quick taps on both sides of his before moving his palm down his field of view while exhaling. This has always been his way of calming nerves of most types, as well as to keep a neutral expression. After all, he needed to pay attention, at least at first. Before entering, Xenysis makes sure to be positioned right next to the shield hero.

When they enter, the 'King' asks for the heroes' names. After the other two introduce themselves, Xenysis nudges the shield hero to let him go first. After all, he would otherwise be interrupted rudely by the 'king'.

Xenysis: "I'm last. My name is Ryder Xenysis, I'm 23 and write stories in my free time."
'King': "Ren, Mtoyasu, and Xenysis, right?"