Selcouth

Suggested by: bnhafansuprem

[Mei x Fem!Reader]
---

"What?!"

"Aah! I don't know! I don't know!" Both girls screamed at each other, both in complete panic.

Nene Yashiro had frozen on the spot, staring at her sister's face. (Y/n) Yashiro held her head in her hands, trying to rip away at her hair.

"You- you like Mei?"

Nene dropped the honorifics in shock, barely blinking. "I- I don't know?" (Y/n) felt her face flush, her eyes darting down. The rooftop floor didn't happen to hold a look of horror like her sister's face.

Today had been a series of events. Getting taken into a world where Hanako was suddenly a living human, and Mitsuba was very much alive, was scary. Watching Aoi shatter into pieces was heart stopping.

Then visiting a random pillar that looked as if it was about to fall any moment? Horrific.

But one glance at touchy stranger was the strangest thing (Y/n) had experienced. She felt her cheeks flush and her heart melt at the sight of two baby blue eyes behind glasses. She swore a bundle of heat would've escaped her mouth if Mei held on to her ankles a bit longer.

For once, (Y/n) was happy to have 'Radish' ankles.

...and then the pretty stranger told them they would need to kill their friends in order to leave.

(Y/n) remembered her hands shaking while holding Kou back with all her might. "We won't hurt them! There's gotta a different way!"

Mei's dark turquoise eyes trailed slowly into (Y/n)'s (E/c) ones, making the girl's knees slightly wobble.

"Hm? Really? But that's the only way out of here."

(Y/n) also vividly remember backing up when the ghost started to approach her, eyeing her face for any expressions.

"You have strange human anatomy, but think like any old human. How plain."

Ramming herself into a wall, (Y/n)'s eyes darted on to the wall behind her and then back to those precious baby blue eyes. Her cheeks had no shame with its sudden burst of color.

Mei eyed the red, leaning closer to her cornered victim. "But,"

She breathy placed a hand on the wall, leaning closer. "You're expressions are new to me. I'd like to explore them more if I could..."

"Oi! Get away from (Y/n)-Senpai!" Kou pushed himself between them, growling protectively. Expecting the sudden action, Mei had already backed up.

"Whoopsie, I'm ranting aren't I?" The girl giggled, as if she didn't cause (Y/n)'s heart attack.

The rest of the conversation after that slightly blurred for (Y/n). All she could remember was wanting to melt into the ground after enduring such a hard glare from her newfound crush.

"But- Mei's a girl..." Nene stammered, unknowing how to react. (Y/n)'s hands clenched a bit. She felt herself chock out an exhale before nodding her head.

"You... like girls, (Y/n)-nii?" Both girl's tensed when Nene finally sputtered the words out. This was (Y/n)'s first crush! The girl was more shocked than her sister when her eyes locked with the pretty girl in glasses.

Her heart ached for the first time under the stare, and slowly everything started to click together for her. Nene had always talked about how looking at Minamoto-Senpai made her feel, so it wasn't hard to fit those descriptions into this.