Chapter 1

Fitting in was just not Thomas's thing. But it was one of the first things that he should do since he is in a new place. Leaving Chicago was heartbreaking for him. He spent his life in that city with those people who loved and understood him for being him. England was another issue. His father got a new job and they should all move there for the best. They got a nice flat and it has an amazing view of the city. But still, it was very different.

Now here he is standing in front of his new school. Hoping that he won't get bullied by anyone. This was an exclusive school for boys. He took a deep breath and started to walk. Everyone seems to look at him like he was some kind of fresh meat.

A tall and skinny fifteen year old  with black hair, green eyes, and a nose that was the size of a small fist that resembled a deformed potato walked towards Thomas. "Looks like we got a greenie." He smirked. "Greenie??" Thomas asked. "It's what we call new people, klunkhead." He was looking at him from head to toe. "Klunkhead?" Thomas was confused. "It means, a shithead." Another tall, muscular and blonde haired guy came. The deformed potato rolled his eyes and left. "So, you just met Gally." he smiled. "Gally?" "Yep, His name was Gally. I'm Newt, by the way." He held out his hand. "Uhh.. I'm Thomas." Thomas smiled and shook his hands. "Welcome to your new school, I guess."

Thomas was a little less nervous after that incident with Gally and Newt. He was already making new friends and he was actually talking. The fun thing was that he and Newt were in the same class. "Thank God for Newt" Thomas thought. The first school day was nice. Thomas met more people just like Minho, Chuck and Alby. Chuck was younger than the rest of them. But he always loved to hang out with Alby and his friends.

As they were walking outside school, Thomas could notice that Newt was limping. "Are you okay, Newt?" he asked. "Yes, I am." Newt chuckled. "Why are you limping?" Suddenly, Newt's smiling face went to a frown. "Oh this. Uhh, I just... I got hit by a truck." Thomas felt like that was not the true reason behind it. "Let's just not talk about the limp, Tommy." He faked a smile. Newt was a good lad. He helped Thomas survive his first day in this place.

After a few minutes of walking, Thomas decided to take a cab and go home. "So, See you tomorrow?" Newt nodded. "Yeah, see you tomorrow." He waved at him then he left.

When Thomas got home, his mother was cooking dinner. "How was school?" she asked. "It was fine, mom. Just like any other first days." He went upstairs to change and then went back to the kitchen to have some dinner. After dinner, he went back to his room and just laid in his bed. He was thinking about everything that has happened. England might not be a bad place, after all. And maybe, Thomas thought that he might really like it here.