Untitled Part 3

The seamstress hushes around me, while I hold my arms out. They already hurt and we aren't even half way through all the clothes that need to be fitted.

„This is going to be so damn good.", Lou, our costume designer, whispers to herself.

„You look just like her.", she watches me in the mirror.

„I don't know if that's a compliment or not.", I smile even though I'm not entirely sure if I'm happy about it.

„Oh shut it.", Lou takes off her glasses and turns around. „You are beautiful and you know it."

This is the second time in this short while someone has said that to me. It has entirely been too long.

„Is it alright if we fit Jessica with you?", Lou fishes for her phone and looks at me while I stand half naked with a white cloth wrapped around me in front of a mirror, two young women pinning needles at my waistline.

I nod. Damn why did I do this. I don't want her to be in here, while I'm looking this ridiculous.

I'll have to get used to the clothing. Some of it is beautiful, elegant even, some of it is straight up hideous. I shake my head, but take the pair of brown pants into the changing room.

While I fumble with the trillions of buttons I hear the soft voice I've been dreading.

„Oh I like this.", she sounds impressed.

„Would you be comfortable with Susan in here?", Lou asks, and awaits a reaction. Apparition was positive, because when I step out Jessica is wrapped in a red silky gown, her shoulders down her head up.

Lou comes over to me:" do they fit?", I turn around.

„Oh they do fit."

I know they look good. I've always looked good in pants.

„Look at this.", Lou shushes her mini Lous around me.

„This is how a pair of trousers should look like."

When I turn around I catch Jessica looking away much too quick. I can see a hint of blush on her collarbones.

Lou hands me another gown and I quickly slip it on. „Lou.", I call for her.

„Where is the zipper in this thing.", I search around my back but only find about 150 tiny buttons.

„No zipper.", Lou gestures me out of the curtained room and guides me until I stand next to Jessica.

„Just Buttons." and someone starts to button the dress up.

My eyes start wandering. She had been put in a Creme Ensemble of off white pearly fabrics.

They shorten the hem of the tight skirt, bring the blouse a bit more in and I watch them work on her.

„Like what you see.", Jessica mutters.

I blush and look away. „You look very nice in that.", I answer truthfully.

She turns to the side, smoothing the skirt.

„Lou.", she turns towards the designer.

„Fabulous.", Lou flutters around her.

„Really Jessica.", she hands her a white fur. „You were born for these clothes."

Jessica chuckles.

„No really.", The woman hands her a pair of gloves and starts to search for her notepad, „your body was made for this. With these beautiful beautiful curves."