Chapter 1

"Imagine dying" my thoughts were every morning, every day, it's one thing my mind fell across every day, and I'm not sure why. Was I afraid of dying? I stared out my windows office, my quiet place, to get away from the giggling, energetic children. I don't understand them, how can they be so happy when we're all just going to die in the end. How could something so little like us human beings be worth anything, we're all worthless in the end. But some part of me doesn't like the idea of dying or the idea we're all worthless.

I bit my lip and glanced at the silhouette I saw in the reflection of the glass window. I turned around on the coal, black, leather chair, eyeing him. He slightly grinned awkwardly, I raised an eyebrow, "Henry, you didn't knock" he raised his eyebrows at me.
"I knocked about three times William. You didn't answer so I opened the door" I rolled my eyes
"Well I was doing something" I picked my inky pen, placing its tip against the piece of paper.
"Let me guess, staring off into the night sky, endlessly in your thoughts" he paced his way over, leaning against my hard, wooden desk.
"Mhm" I wasn't focused on what he was saying, I was too busy writing to comprehend what I could've been listening too. He just kept saying the blurred out words until he shouted at me
"William!" I raised my head, staring at Henry, "are you even listening?" Henry sounded mad, I laughed a little
"No, I didn't" if I lied, he'd call me out, what even was there to lie about? It was so obvious.
"William, I was asking if you needed legitimate help on what your writing, but it seems like your too focussed on it that you don't need my help" he started to turn around, but I grabbed his hand
"But I like your company" I almost whispered. His freckled cheeks went bright red, I smiled at him, he looked cute.

I don't know why, but I have butterflies in my stomach whenever I talk to Henry. I don't know what this feeling is. His beautiful, joyful smile brightens my day. His red, thick hair, I'd just love to play with. His green, natured eyes were perfect. Everything about him was perfect, I wish I could be just like him. He's what I want to be, or at least be with. I don't like focusing on the issues life has put us in, but, he's imaginative, happy, and sweet. I wish I was those things. Suddenly soon I realized his confused eyes.

"Heh..sorry. I got distracted from thoughts" I think too much don't I? Henry chuckled with his soft, happy voice
"It's alright William, I understand what that's like" he let go of my pale hand that was still in his grip, "are you sure you want to continue working on that?" He asked, my eyes darted down at the ink written on pages. I was unsure. The work needs to be done, how else is the pizzeria going to work out? But I also want to spend hours talking to Henry, Henry would have nothing to do if he just stayed with me as I do the work, it'd be too boring for him.

"What would you like me to do though, Henry?" I asked him, I'd do anything for Henry. 

"Well...I would like to talk to you more" He fiddled with his hands, smiling, what seemed like a nervous smile. I don't know why, but all I could do was hide my smile with my hand, I felt my cheeks flush. He wanted to talk to me more? That's what I wanted to hear, and I heard him say it.

"I'd love to talk to you more too Henry, I've honestly always wanted to talk to you a lot, especially after I put all my work into these papers," I told him

"Awe...Honestly, I think the same, I've missed you as you shut yourself out from me," He grabbed my hands tightly, pulling me up from my seat, "I know what we could do, we could have dinner together, and there is no saying no William, now follow me to my car" he let go of my hands, he was smirking. The pizzeria would still be open though, leaving the other employees around. I mean, who always needs their boss and manager around. I shrugged it off, following after Henry.