Lavender

This is a little piece I wrote in English class. I've been working on my writing for the HSC so if anyone reads it enjoy.
....

It was midday when the sun crept past the window, setting the room alight with a soft minty glow. My eyes drew past the low ceiling. Like flowers hanging over my head, a painting of perfection, my mother. For a moment, I let her scent fill my body as I remembered her. The woman I had let myself become

A chill down my spine

It was her room, my mother's. She loved it here. Tattered books collect dust, sitting untouched amongst the crisper, fresher additions. A wiki ting spring of lavender in a small glass vase. Pictures on the wall painted memories like clouds, gentle and serene.

A wistful yearning for childhood once again overtook me.
Like mother, like daughter.

I drew the dusty lace curtains back and opened the window to the world outside our own. Distant. A gush of fresh air dragged my hair through my face. Like a statue, unmoved, I stood by the window, just taking it in.

Before long though, I was reeled back to reality. Tentatively I moved toward my mother's bed, sitting carefully, as not to disturb her from her peaceful slumber.

Lavender on the pillow. A beautiful flower freshly planted in the remains of my mother. Ashes. Set on display.

To see, to smell, to touch. To hold so close.
Overcome by my mother, I rest my head on her comforting breast and lay there in silence.
I too, fall into myself

A fond memory of a fantasy world. One where time stopped and we could almost disappear into thin air.

Never to return.