Bounty Hunters

Sons of Dutch - Mini series pt 4

Title: Bounty Hunters

Author: TC

Fandom: Red dead redemption 2

Pairing: Arthur & Micah brothers/Friends/enemies

Rating: 14A

Summary: Arthur and Micah get a surprise job when they go to pay off their bounties.

Notes: This plot takes place during chapter 3 ^^ Also yes we are aware of what happens in the Epilogue, this was just a fun idea we had. We hope you enjoy!

———

———

The older outlaw slowly approached Arthur,who was tacking up his horse by a hitching post near camp. "Are you sure this is a good idea, Cowpoke?" He rested his arms on the back of Arthur's Piebald Tobiano halfbred as he watched the younger man brush his horse. "We don't have to pay off our bounties. With such a high price I reckon they ain't gonna make it easy." The older outlaw spoke softly with a smirk, as if he was trying to scare Arthur out of going.

"We don't really have a choice do we? No thanks to you, Micah... I need to be able to get into Saint Denis for the money. And since you drug us into this mess, I'm hauling your ass to fix it. We will split the cost.."

"Alright, boss." Micah replied in a childish tone, moving away from Arthur's horse to bring Baylock closer, hitching him up beside the mare."I suppose it would be nice to go back for some fun once the bounty hunters are off our tail...perhaps we can go back for the money, hmm?."

The cowboy watched as the older man led his horse closer which earned an eye roll from Arthur. The stead had a shiny black coat and thick build, smaller than his Halfbred but it was clear the outlaw took pride in his gelding. Arthur turned to cinch the girth on his mare. "You mean from the man that has lawyers on top of lawyers? The man that probably paid a fortune just to see you hanged even though your charge was petty theft, till they learned your name, Mr. Bell. I wonder which one of his lawyers did the diggin?" Snarled the cowboy.

"....shit, you're right...you ain't as dumb as I thought, Morgan." The older outlaw hissed as he swung his saddle on his horse's back and tightened his girth." There you go, boy." He gave Baylock a pat on his neck before turning to Arthur "let's go give 'em hell." Micah laughed softly as he mounted his horse.

Arthur shook his head before mounting his mare. "I have a bad feeling bout this.." Morgan teased but he couldn't help but chuckle softly. He took the reins before easing his horse into a canter.

***

"Saint Denis.. The town that's ahead of its time... Ain't no room for cowboys here.." Muttered Arthur under his breath. Keeping his head low as the rim of his hat masked his gaze from staring strangers and searching lawmen. Instantly the outlaw felt he didn't belong between the judgemental whispers and peering eyes. The younger man looked to Micah, a familiar face who was riding beside him and the smaller man gave a subtle smile.