Chapter 11 - '𝐄𝐧𝐯𝐲'

'ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ'

Her golden hair glistens as the girl's face looks down at the dead bodies, kicking them over. "Y-you monster," a man choked out.

Athanasia froze, her gaze sharpening. Her fair hands reached for the man's throat, tightening her hand around it. "I'm not like you people."

She walked away. Then looking back at the bloody mess she made. Her eyes cold as she stared at their lifeless bodies. Then continuing to walk away. It was strange really, she questioned why guards were following her. Her blade remained spotless, but her hand wasn't. It was stained a beautiful rose red.

Reminding her the color of Lucas's eyes. "What a stressful night," she sighed.

The sun had risen as it shined on her face, covering her face with a pillow she was just mumbling nonsense. But upon hearing a knock on the door, the girl quickly shot up. With a snap of a finger she had already gotten dressed, sort of a 'waste' of mana. But it got the job done.

Her hand reached for the door handle, opening it stood a man with crimson red hair. Athanasia's eyes widened. What was he doing here? Still she remained calm, her face stoic. "Is there something you need from me?" Felix looked around then looked at the girl's face. For some reason he felt cold and shivered. Strange, it's quite warm outside. "You're Jeanette's friend right? The emperor wishes to speak with you." Taking a closer look at her face, the man could have sworn that he'd seen something else. Her smile twitched.

"Is that so? Very well then..." Athanasia clenched her hand, eyes darkening.

Felix shivered, "would you like me to-" the girl raised her hand, face serious and unreadable. But what caught his eye was the bloodied cloth laying behind her, but nevertheless, he shook the thought away.

"I'll just teleport us there," the girl spoke. With a flick of her hand there were sparks, a beautiful blue one at that. "We're here."

The red haired man, however, noticed how the other had frozen up. Staring at the emperor, he turned to look at Claude, who too was staring back. His gaze is still as cold as ever.

"Glory and blessing to the sun of Obelia," Athanasia spoke. The girl was still glaring at the man before her. Neither of them seemed to back down, it was like some kind of staring contest. "I wish to know why the emperor himself wants to see me." Claude turned around, not seeming to care of the girl's presence. "Stay away from my daughter."

Athanasia raised an eyebrow, "oh?" at that moment, it had felt as if the temperature had dropped. Like there was a storm coming. A snow storm. It was quick, but blue sparks were seen from the girl's hand. Her aura menacing and cold, the complete opposite of when she was with Jeanette and the others. Yet the emperor remained unfazed, his face still stone cold and indifferent. Felix, however, was shivering. He questions how Claude himself hasn't gotten frostbites yet. The jeweled eye man however, squinted his eyes observing the girl. Then looking for the source of its magic in the room, nevertheless, it came from the girl herself. His eyes stared into her, feeling full of curiosity. The crimson haired man hand gripped onto the girl's shoulder.

"I think that is enough miss," his words caused Athanasia to stop what she was doing. Nearly freezing the entire room. The girl smiled, but it wasn't as sweet, she was mischievous, someone to be wary of.

"I apologize for my...rude behavior." Still that smile of hers had sent chills down Felix's spine. Her smile fell into a frown, expression now stoic and cold.

"It seems we don't need to discuss anything else, your majesty." Claude raised an eyebrow as the girl continued to talk.

"I'll be excusing myself out now," Athanasia spun around as her back faced them. Her aura toning down, but she gritted her teeth. Her jeweled eyes then showing, but then went back to that of the beautiful blue seven seas. The emperor clicked his tongue, 'the audacity of this girl.' He squints his eyes at the girl, a suspect is what he thinks of her. It was reported that dead bodies were found, the only evidence was a vague trace of mana that was left behind. Mana that was similar to the girl before him. Looking at the girl again, she then suddenly vanished once again. A thought ran through his mind, 'just what kind of friends is Jeanette making?'

The girl raised her head, looking up at the sky as a drop of water landed on her face. Dripping down her cheek. It had then begun pouring, washing away the blood pools that had once been there near the dead bodies. No longer a scent of blood in the air. "I really envy you Jeanette," Athanasia murmured. Her jeweled eyes giving off a cold glint. "You have a father that truly cares for you, you're really one lucky chimera." She clenched her fist, her aura once again menacing. Why...just why is life so unfair? That brunette had everything.

A father, a lover, the people's adoration, and happiness. Just why was that brunette so lucky? Would I perhaps get struck by lightning just by laying a hand on her? But I am just a forgotten person after all. A hand then gripped onto her shoulder, turning around stood a man. Athanasia smiled, her face darkening as she gripped on the handle of her sword.A scream was then heard.

"Another one?" Claude questioned with an eyebrow raised. The mage shivered under his cold stare. Lately there had been a lot of murder going on in the empire, making the emperor himself question the guards competence.

He pinched his temple, sighing in frustration. The mage flinched, and still shivering from his stare. "The corpse's head seemed to be...decapitated."

Claude frowned, noticing how the method of this murder was different. The culprit of the recent murders has to be caught, he won't let such a thing slander the name of his empire. But...who is it really?

Word Count: 1018

Authors note: I apologize for not updating, and I'm afraid I'll have to push back the release of the rewritten version of worthy heir for a bit. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I started these fanfics, and I intend to finish them no matter what.