Silence Isn't Everything

(Soundwave x Reader)

(I reference sign language here. I think its something that Soundwave would learn just for fun)

"You are too smart for your own good, Soundwave," You said with as you scratched the underside of Laserbeak's beak ", That is terrifying to think about."

Soundwave shrugged, never spoke to you, it was okay. The mech preferred silence over anything else and you could do that, you may not have enjoyed it all the time but you could deal. Laserbeak caws for your attention as you draw back your hand to sign to Soundwave. He seemed not to be paying attention to you.

'Are you okay?" you signed to him.

'Fine.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes.'

Your (e/c) eyes looked up at the blank faceplate. No eyes, no mouth, just a screen that he could show on. He popped a small smile faced emoji onto the screen, that made you smile. He turned his wing-like shoulders so you could see the side of his helm, bearly, just bearly you could see a deep cut on the side of his neck.

"Soundwave," You sigh grimly signing for him to lower his hand ", You can be very stubborn sometimes, ya know?"

Soundwave shrugged again as he lifted you to his shoulder where you slid and sat, examining the cut. You used both hands to feel the area around the metal, making sure that you don't hurt him. Dun, I can't hurt him too badly. Then he winced. Soundwave never winced unless it was really bad, this must have been really bad, that's when you noticed it. A medium-sized piece of metal that wasn't cybertronian was in his neck, causing her big giant bird boy pain. (What the hell did I just call him?). You look at his faceplate, expecting that he was watching every move you make, holding eye contact (you think?) with the mech as you ripped the thing out of the cut. Soundwave jolts and you nearly slip off his shoulder but catch yourself on his wing.

"OIE!" You call out to him, still slipping", give me a hand, please?"

Soundwave lets you jump into his hand, and you hold out the thing that you now see was a knife.

"Weird," you say to him and he shrugs, standing without even bothering to cover the wound.

"Hey," you snap at him ", You gotta go get that welded by Knockout."

Soundwave shook his helm. No.

"Soundwave," You say in a stern voice ", You have to get it welded. Now."

Soundwave would have been glaring at her as he shook his helm again. No.

You are so used to this, but this time you are going to make him.

"You are so stubborn," She snapped at him ", And you do this all the damn time you know? Remember the last time you didn't listen? Yeah, I was right then too. Laserbeak listens to me. Vehicons listen to me because they respect me. I know that Knockout listens and I like to think that Breakdown listens to me too. I tell them they should get checked or whatever and they do. You, my partner? Nope. You don't listen to me."

You feel your face turn red with the anger you were feeling. Come on, you could get your friends to listen to you, but not your partner? That was kind of pathetic, now that you thought about it. You shake your head.

"You know it's not fair," You look up at him with anger on your face ", But whatever. You do you and I'll sit here and not say anything."

You hear his form relax, the slight clanking sigh that you were used too. You ignored it and begin to walk away from your partner towards the medbay.

---------time skip---------

"I just don't understand him," You complain to the vehicon that you called a friend ", I mean... Come on."

360 (the vehicon) shook his helm, completely aware of your anger and frustration, and tapped your shoulder in sympathy.

"He can be very stubborn," 360 sympathizes with his heavy and bland mechanical voice ", It's just who he is."

You smile at 360 and nod at him, but it's a sad smile and he knows it.

"Come on (Y/n)," 360 says, nudging you with one digit ", Let's go down to the medbay. Knockout wanted to see you."

You sigh and climb into his servo and relaxed against his digits as he carried you halfway across the Nemesis and to the medbay. The doors opened and the first thing you notice is the cherry-red mech standing with a welder in his hand. You smile, wondering if he needed your help with welding in a tight place.

"Hey, Knocks," You shout with a smile, waving your hand so he sees you ", What do you need?"

"Ah!" He sighs with a smile ", You're here. Soundwave wanted you to weld the cut."

You are about to ask who needed welding and where when the sentence finally registered through your head. Soundwave wanted you to weld the cut. That's when you noticed the faceless mech sitting on a medburth, waiting and waving when he saw you.

You laugh at this, Soundwave could be such a child sometimes, 360 set you down on the burth with him. You just laugh, wondering how many cybertronians told Soundwave to get his aft t the medbay. You asked in sign language, and when he signed back that he came willingly, you laugh again.

"You're joking right?" You laugh ", My Soundwave never listens to me when I ask him to do things."

Soundwave shrugged and let you climb up to the cut on his neck, perching on his shoulder like a bird. Knock-out handed you the welder and within two minutes you'd already had the cut welded back together.

"You know?" You say to Soundwave with a cocky stare ", It would have been easier if you just have taken care of it beforehand."

He shrugs.

"You know," you say with a smile ", Silence isn't everything."

"I know," Soundwave responds ", But you are."