Trust in Me

(Starscream x cyberwolf!reader) requested by Wolfsrahne

Your spines shook with anger whenever Starscream passed you, rattling like bones and filling you with an unholy fury. You'd thought that the war would have made Cybertronians' realize that your kind were not monsters. You were not the monster Starscream said you were. You swish your wolf-like tail as he passes you in the large ship, you wish he would look at you, even if for just a second. A hate-filled look is the last thing you wanted from him, maybe a glance where he managed to tell you that he trusted you, You were on the same side, For Primus' sake. This war was tearing everyone apart, even the Predacons were hesitating.

You curled up in the Medbay, near the door, that's when he came in. Your spark fluttered slightly, but you squashed it down before your head could pop up, and for a full second you considered transforming into your bi-pedal form. Starscream nearly kicked you in the side when he walked in, his cuts running up and down his frame. You jump onto your pedes and finally transform into your bi-pedal mode, a tall and thin femme with talons and a flicking tail. You can tell that Starscream was slightly shaken, but his dislike hides it better than you could imagine. His dislike for Predacons wasn't hard to see.

"Knockout isn't here." You say quietly, walking up to him with a small smile on your faceplates.

"Shame," he says grabbing a welder.

"Don't hold it like that," You say gently, smile falling off your face.

"I don't need a filthy animal telling me what to do," He snaps at you while burning his servo on the welder ", I am fully capable of taking care of myself."

"Says the mech who burnt his servo on a welder," You snap back at him ", At least I know how to use the welder. Let me help you."

You take the welder from his servos and turn down the heat to a more reasonable temperature, reaching for his arm but he pulls away.

"Don't touch me, Animal." He scolds at you, pulling his servos away from you.

Hurt fills your chassis.

"I am not an animal," You say ", If you'd trust me, I could prove to you that I am just as smart and capable and loyal as your kind are! Why can't you believe that?"

"Smart? Predacons?" He laughs at you, attempting to remove the welder from your servos, you jerk away before he can.

"Trust me, please.," You say before he can get up and leave ", I just want to prove to you that we are not mindless animals. I'm not mindless. Why do you think that Megatron recruited us? We are your allies. Why can't you believe that?"

You look at him with hope filling your bright (e/c) optics, swishing your tail ever so slowly and hoping that he may see some reason. You take his servo tentatively and begin to weld the cuts on his arm gauntlets. Every time you move the welder, he winces and pulls away from your touch.

"Stop moving, Starscream, please." You beg him, to stop moving, to stop hating as powerfully as he does.

"I will never accept that you are anything but filth," Starscreamsays huffily.

You smash on the welder onto a counter next you and growl at him, revealing your sharp denta to him. You nail your talons into the counter and mark it with long talon marks to keep from actually breaking Knockout's welder, he'd be upset if you did. You look back up, calm running across your face.

"I'm not filth," You sigh in his face looking down at both your pedes sadly ", I'm not the monster you think I am. What makes you hate me so much."

You don't look up. You notice his servos moving towards you, but hesitating before he can touch you. Hate is a cruel thing, you've always known that... Why was this any different for you? Why was this mech making this much of an impact on you? Why was he different? You didn't know. You were different too.

"You know what," You sigh finally looking up at him ", It doesn't matter. Apparently, I don't matter either. Sorry to ruin your evening, Commander Starscream."

You turn to leave, but he stops you before you can leave.

"Wait."

"Why should I," You say sadly ", I already know what your opinion of me is."

"You know my opinion on your kind. Megatron took your species as allies because you are powerful, he does not intend to keep you all alive to live back on Cybertron," Starscream says to you ", I'm not protecting your kind. I'm protecting you."

"Why would you do that?" You ask him.

"Because you are different," He says with a deep and guttural voice that was so unlike his usual high pitched squeal ", Even if I don't admit it to everyone, I can admit that to you."

You look up at him, bright red optics shining at you. You looked at the ruby reds and pale pinks that you enjoyed. Praying that someday you could be happy with whomever you desired. Not yet, never on earth.

"I love you," You tell him ", But I don't want you faking hate for me. It's cowardly not to admit the truth."

You turn away and leave the medbay, transforming back to the cyberwolf you truly were and bound to the top of the ship where you'd first arrived. You dashed out onto the wing of a ship and curled in a ball on the edge, trying not to let your sobs ring out in the bright morning sunlight. You knew it was foolish, forbidden for your kinds.

Maybe, in time, Your differences would soon be forgotten.

Maybe, in the end, it would be worth it.

Someday the war would be over.

You would be happy someday.

So you hoped.