Secrets, Secrets

Sakura’s

___________

Finally I found a little cave to hide in. Setting, my teammates down on the hard dirt floor, I plopped down with my back against the wall. My mind was swarming, and I was trying to make sense of all that happened. Did I really see Ai change, or did I just imagine it from worry and stress?

"Get it together Sakura."I scolded myself, as I rubbed my temples. Leaning my head back, it hit the wall. With my eyes closed I started to drift off. 'When Ai came-if she came-I'd ask her about the change.' I decided silently.

***

"Hey, are you alright?" I soft voice asked. My eyes snapped open, and I saw Ai's worried silver eyes.

I bolted upright and almost hit heads against Ai’s; luckily she moved out of the way, "You're not dead!"

"I told you I'd be back. And I always try to keep my promise." She smiled at me. Then her look turned serious, "How are they?"

"I don't know." I nearly sobbed. "When I found this cave, I set them down and then passed out."

"Hey, it's okay. Calm down." Ai moved beside me and rubbed my back soothingly. Ai then stepped in front of me, put one hand on her shoulder, and with the other gently lifted my face to look at her, "They'll be alright. I promise that I will not either one of them die." Ai then removed her hand from my shoulder, and with both wiped away tears I hadn't realized I'd sed.

"Really?" I couldn't help the childish tone of my voice.

"Really." She assured with a gentle grin. Ai, wondered to the back of the cave, and sunk to her knees beside Sasuke. "So why don't you tell me your names." She suggested, taking Sasuke's wrist to check for a pulse.

"That's Sasuke. The blonde is Naruto, and my name is Sakura." I blurted before I could think about the situation. Ai could be an enemy for all I knew, and I was just openly giving her information about us. I know that seems unlikely though.

"Well Sakura it's nice to meet you. I'm Ai." She turned over he shoulder to greet me.

"I know." I stammered.

"Hmm that's right." We both lapsed into silence. After she tilted Sasuke's neck to the side, her grimace darkened. She then slid over to Naruto and put her head to his chest. "Sakura could you take these, "She handed out a couple rags she'd grabbed from her bag, "and go soak them in some water?"

"Sure." I said, scrambling to my feet. I grabbed the two rags, and headed into the darkening night. Following the sound of running water, I found myselft by a little creek. Sinking down to my knees, I leaned over the bank and soaked both towels in the cool water.

Being careful not to get any on me, I rushed back to the cave. When I got to the back, I didn't say anything. Ai looked extremely focused, and I was shocked by now she was looking at Sasuke. It wasn't a weird love, but you could definitely see the intimate feelings in her eyes. Maybe it was just because he was injured.

Feeling like I was intruding on something, I cleared my throat. With a snap of her head, Ai ushered me back over to her. "Both of them are running high fevers, and I'm sure that Sasuke has a broken wrist while Naruto probably has some cracked ribs."

"But they won't die?" My voice shook. She held out her hands for the rags, so I gave them to her rather quickly.

She smiled, "Nope, they're safe for the time being." I sighed with relief and fell onto my knees. "Just rest Sakura. I can take care of it."

"No they’re my team, I have to help." I protested, staggering to my feet.

"If you insist then come here." Ai beckoned. Feeling extremely ungraceful in Ai's presence I scuttled over to her side. Ai gently picked up Sasuke's arm, and started moving it around a bit. "I have to get the bones in the right place before me bandage it." She explained. After a few moments, Ai stopped and seemed satisfied. "Sakura go to my bag and grab me a bandage wrap."