Chapter 3

I sat on the couch with Buttered Pecan ice cream, and a 1Liter sprite. I was watching the Real house mums of London. I watched as Katie took her oldest son and daughter to see their dad in the gaol. I turned off the television as soon as Jake, her son, told his dad " I love you!" I didn't want to hear that. I turned it onto London News. I saw the lads and dad. They were leaving Starbucks. When was this I wonder out loud. Dad hears, and walks into the living room. "When was what?" He asks me. I pretend not to hear him. "Gabs" he said."I know you hear me!" He says laughing. "Oh hi dad.... Or should I say meanie?!".I couldn't think of any thing to say, so I said meanie. "Hey wanna see your uniform?" he asks me. I cringe at the word uniform. "UNIFORM?!" I asked shocked. "Yep" he says pulling out his iPad I had got him for Christmas. "Dad-" I ask him while he goes through his email." How come I can't go out with you guys... Like in public" I ask him quietly. I knew the answer, but you know me, always have to get my way, but hey,I'm a girl it's part of a girl life."Gabs must we start this again?" He asks me. "Yes, yes we should. I never get to go out, anywhere" I say. "I don't even think the world knows about me; no one does and it's all your fault. I can't go to the mall by myself without you, which is a wasted trip, considering every time someone see's you, you always give autographs, but after wasting all that time, I can't Go shop in peace, by myself. Dad, I hate having a girl-crazy-superstar dad." I say. "Here's your uniform!" He says. " oh my gosh" I say slowly. "Did you hear any word I just said" I ask looking down. "Ummmmm" he says. "I knew it" I say running to the Stairs. Dad grabs my wrist. "Get your hands off of me" I say trying to wiggle out of his grip. I can't. "Not until you tell me what's wrong,Gabs" I began to look around the room, then, I feel it. Hot and salty. A tear rolls down my cheek, followed by more, the waterworks. "Dad my life has been especially hard" I say. "You think I don't know that?" He asks."my life has been hard too. I had to keep Luke away from you, I've had practices and bank ddrehearsal. A lot of shit, but I know I can come home and see you!" He says." Fully dressed" he says nudging my arm. I smile. "Dad-" I say. "- how do you do it; keep a smile on your face?" I ask. "well I think about the people I love, the memories I have with those people he says smiling. "Dad" I say."I really wanna get out of the house more. To like, you know, see things." I say biting my lip, nervously waiting on an answer. He shakes his head 'no'. "Dad why, I mean I'm 17-" he stops me. "You just can't, ok" he says. I nod slowly, and head to my room. I had a lot of posters in my room, but the two that stood out were the picture of the Eiffel Tower and the one of Big Ben. I was a woman and a man on the picture. I had replaced their heads with me and my dad. The lads were in the background too. I want to meet new people and see new things. I want to live. Ed would be over in 10 hours. I was happy. Maybe he could take me out. At least for an hour. I turned off the night lamp then fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had brushed my teeth, washed my face and combed my hair.i was ready to meet Ed.i love his songs. They're so meaningful. I had on some tight little shorts, and a lace tank top. If Luke were here, he'd tell me I looked beyond sexy, but he's not, so I have my dad. He'll probably flip. I hear the doorbell ring. I ran to the edge of the stairs, and peek my head around the corner shocked to see the lads. Ed comes in. I almost faint. I run down the stairs. The lads and dads' eyes are on me. "Um what is that you're wearing?" My dad asks me looking at it disapprovingly. "My outfit!" I saw smiling. "You're showing way to much skin" he says. "Ed here can't keep his eyes off of you!" He says. I smile at Ed. "Huh, let's let Ed decide" I say." Do you like it Ed?" I ask. All head turn towards Ed. "Um" he says. "Oh daddy look what you have done." I say."he's uncomfortable " I say smiling at Ed. He smiles back and I blush. " I like your um shirt" he says. "I like Echosmith" " Really I want to go to the concert but...." I turn and look at dad. He looks down on me. He gives me the no look. " I actually have another ticket to the concert tomorrow night, would you like to come with me?" He asks. I jump and scream of happiness. "Are you kidding me of course I want to go!" I look at daddy. "Daddy please" I ask giving him puppy-dog eyes. He sighs deeply. "Will you watch her?" He asks. Ed nods. "Fine" he says giving in. Ed signals for me to give him a hug. I do. I hear him say; "I like you, Miss.Horan!"