Chapter 1- Love Hurts

I squinted, making the vision on my mask zoom in. "Something is happening over there," I mutter softly to myself, stopping what I'm doing. I switch directions, heading over to where I heard noises and saw movement.

"Please don't hurt me, I'll give you anything you want!" I hear a male voice yell.

"Hmmm... no thanks. I'd rather cause you pain. It's entertaining," I hear another male voice say, less sane than the first.

I look over the edge of the rooftop silently, seeing a guy holding another man by the throat with a knife. "Activate suction," I say quietly. I see the suction cups pop out of my gloves, and I check my feet as well.

I slink down the wall behind the guy quietly, landing softly on the ground. "Deactivate suction." I see the suction cups go back in. "Activate speech."

I silently move behind the guy with the knife, holding a finger up to my mouth showing the man to be quiet. I quickly grab both of the guy's arms and force them behind his back, pulling a piece of specially designed quirk-canceling tape from my suit's wrist and wrapping the potential murderer's wrists and ankles.

I press the button on my mask to call the police anonymously and look at the guy. "Hey, little shithead! Who do you think you are?" He shouts at me. "Language." My voice is distorted and glitchy, which is intentional. Even if you took away the distortion, it wouldn't be my real voice.

"Thank you so much, who are you?" I turn to face the man. When he sees my mask his eyes widen in shock, "Deku..." I nod, "You're welcome, sir. The police will be here in a minute and a half, please stay here for questioning."

"Activate suction." I climb back up the wall and leave the man with a two-fingered salute.

I work on getting back home after that, noticing it was close to 1 am. There wasn't any trouble on my way home, so I snuck back into my room and changed into pajamas, passing out on my bed as soon as I lied down.

I woke up the next morning around 6 am and headed out of my room into the living room/kitchen area. "Good morning Izuku, how did you sleep?" My mom asks.

"Okay, still a little drowsy though." She nods, pulling some food onto a plate for me.

"Here, take this!" I take the plate from her, beginning to eat as she tells me about a dream she had. I glance down at my phone to see that it was about 6:30.

"Hey mom, I need to go grab a shower, do you mind washing this for me?"

"No problem!" She takes the plate and pushed me off, allowing me to go take a shower. Once I get in the bathroom, I undress and step into the shower. Wincing, I notice the bruises across my arms and torso. I sigh, maneuvering carefully to avoid getting more hurt. I washed up as quickly as possible while doing that, and pulled on a t-shirt and some basketball shorts, as well as my favorite pair of red sneakers.

7:00.

I shoved my tai chi uniform into my bookbag, as well as a water bottle and my phone. "Bye mom, I love you! See you at 10!"

"Goodbye Izuku, stay safe! Love you too!"

I rushed out the door, taking the stairs down to the bottom floor of our apartment complex. Opening the door, I head the direction of the train station as fast as I can. I make it over to the stop and sit down, scrolling on my phone with my back pressed against a wall. I look up to see my train arriving and put my phone back in my bag. Once I board the train, I stand up since there weren't any seats open. I grasp tightly on to a handle attached to a bar and space out until I hear the name of the city I'm supposed to be in. I get off carefully and head the direction of the building where my tai chi lessons take place.