Chapter 17: You didn't know?

When Kanroji left, Y/N went back to her same old routine of patrolling. Suddenly she hears someone shouting for her,

"Y-Y/N!"

She turns around and sees that it was Haganezuka. He was panting heavily,

"W-What's up?"

"I was searching for you. I-I want to apologize."

"Apologise for what?"

"I-I ca-"

She slapped him to shut his mouth. Of course, he was shocked because he was slapped but recovered when she blushed at him.

"D-Don't say it so openly in public! Don't worry. Mitsuri gave me something so I won't get... pregnant."

She whispered the last part and he just sighed in relief. The two took a stroll, enjoying the sun that was shining brightly.

"Hey, I was just wondering if you'd like to go out for lunch... maybe in the nearby town."

"Sure."

"Just a quick lunch because I've got to fix some brats' blades that they broke."

"Again?"

"I tell you. These days demon slayers are so reckless."

"You're talking to one."

"But I'll forgive you. Not them."

Y/N giggled, her voice sounding like an angel's voice. The two of them link hands, walking out of the town to go grab lunch. Of course, Haganezuka was a workaholic. Their lunch was short and he was back in his house knocking some metal. She walked around the village, looking at each nook and cranny for any sides of misbehavior or just demon activities. It was already her 5th round and she had decided to give Kanamori a visit. Her knuckles hit the wooden door of the Kanamori house, opened by En herself.

"Oh! Y/N! What brings you here!"

"Ah... I came here for Kanamori-san to check. I need to make sure it's in top shape in case anything happens."

"Sure, come on in. Would you like some tea?"

"That would be lovely."

She hands over her blade for a thorough check while she sat at their dining table, chit-chatting with En.

"I can see Haganezuka and you are a happy couple! He's been treating you good, right?"

"H-He's been absolutely great."

"Glad to hear."

Kanamori, the husband, walks to Y/N handing her a sword in perfect shape.

"There were some scratches but in general it was still in good condition."

"Thanks."

"By the way, what did you get for his birthday?"

"Who?"

"Haganezuka. You don't know? It's tomorrow!"

"N-No... But thanks for telling me!"

Y/N rushes out in a hurry as the Kanamori couple awkwardly looked at their opened door. She strolls along the streets, thinking about a very good idea. Her plan was to make a cake decorated with Dango!