Airport Pickup Rachael & Harry

So, so, so sorry for such the long wait and shortness of this! Writer's block sucks! Hope you enjoy it, though!

                                                         ~Bree

         ******************************************************

I anxiously looked over the sea of people in the airport, searching for the head of curly brown hair and brilliant green eyes that I had fallen in love with.

“Calm down Rachael, they’ll be here in a little bit. They just landed.” My best friend, Stephanie, soothed, giving me a small pat on the back. “You’ll see your boyfriend in just a few moments.”

“They should’ve been here by now,” I muttered, nervously tugging at my wavy black hair, glancing at the brown haired girl beside me.

“I know, but they have to get past security and everything. You know how long that takes.” Stephanie added, giving me an awkward one-sided hug.

“Rachael!” I heard a deep voice call from behind me a few minutes later, and I turned around quickly, my brown eyes lighting up as I realized it was Harry.

He stood a few feet away from us and had a bright smile on his face, the boys a few feet behind him. He held his arms out expectantly and I wasted no time to run into them. “I missed you, Curly.” I said into his hair, smiling as he chuckled.

“I missed you too, Rach.” He said softly, tightening his grip on me for a moment before letting go. He stepped back, giving me a once over. “Your hair’s different.” He said, taking one of my purple highlights between his forefinger and thumb. “I like it. Brings out your eyes.” He smiled, bringing me in for another hug.

I sighed in content. It had been a long three months.

“Sorry for interrupting your moment and everything,” Niall said, breaking us apart, “but we have to get going.”

“Alright,” I nodded, hesitantly breaking apart from Harry, and held his hand instead. “Let’s get going.”

The other boys look relived as we walked towards the exit of the airport. It must have been awkward for them just to stand there and watch us, I mused as Stephanie joined in beside me.

                “I love you.” Harry murmured into my ear, bumping his hip into mine.

                I looked up at him and smiled. “I love you, too.”