7 - New Roomie

Merry Christmas! 

Here is your Christmas Special. 

In the future I may reorganise the chapters because they were not structured properly. As always this is unedited. 

Let me know what you think of the story so far. From this chapter onwards is when the main part of the story starts. The last couple of chapters I have written were for the set up although they are important scenes. Personally I have felt a few of the chapters have been slow because of the way I presented the information, but hopefully the pace will pick up. 

Agent Ryann left me alone to confirm the contract with her superiors. As far as I knew from the promised wording of the soon to be contract, I would be unknown to the people of this city. Only those involved in the case already would know of Alex. To everyone else, I was Pariana. 

Once the case was solved I would be able to carry on with my life. How long that took, I didn't know. Many Börd killings were not solved for years and caught because the perpetrator got lazy, or someone grew some balls to rat them out. With my injury and usefulness combined with what the MEA knew so far, it could be months before we sniff the murderer out. If the deaths were to be any indication, the murderer is killing frequently. 

David and Tuan's deaths meant my whereabouts were safe from the clan. But for how long is anyone guess. They'll send more clan members into the cities. They only found me by luck. I hoped this murderer or one of his thugs came for me. Not only would the case get solved quicker, but I could give the person a good whack. 

When Agent Ryann had left I sat back down on the floor with my back against one of the bench legs. My bag sat next to me, its rip in the bottom stared at me in anger. The tapping hole was a reminder that what I had in this bag was what I was going to take with me when I left. I even search through my bag to make sure everything was there. Including counting my money. 

I glared at the person leaning against the wall. I didn't mind her leaving again but she could have taken the Brit with her. All he did was stare at me and occasionally his forehead would crease in thought.

I didn't have much experience with vampires but I knew he was old. He carried himself with such nonchalance that suggested he had nothing to fear, that he had seen everything. Like most immortal beings that I did know, they were arrogant. But Brian was something else. Agent Ryann said he had sucked the silver out of my body. 

Liquid silver may not harm vampires as they would a Were, but surely the silver would clog the veins eventually. Brian's power must be so extensive that it could neutralise chemical introduced into the body.

I may not trust Brian and worst I didn't like him. But I at least owe him some respect for saving my life.

"Hey, Brit. What did my blood taste like?"

He gave me one of his sly smiles. "Like aged wine and metal, with a hint of bitch."

On second thought, I already paid him back by letting him drink my blood. He popped the cork and had a drink. The rest of the bottle he would not get.

For the next hour I sat in the bare room with Brian. One hour of silence. One hour of Brian staring at me. Vampires may not worry about time like I do, but I would've thought being a statue for long periods of time would get boring. In jeans and a shirt I wasn't exactly playing sexual target. When I glanced at him there was nothing sexual in his gaze, just curiosity and something else I couldn't place. I kept an eye on him. My body would tense up with every twitch of his small muscles on his face.  

The door opened and I shot up from the floor. I grabbed my bag and searched Agent Ryann's blank expression for confirmation. "Is it done?"

"Follow me," She said.