The Legend

A long time ago, a legend spread all over the world, about the rise of the nine Children of the Earth who would come to save it when it was most at risk. The legend said that, once united, they would be powerful, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it took to save the Earth from chaos. The legend didn't specify the age of the meant to be heroes, nor the period of time in which they would surface. It did say, though, that these children were not born with powers. Their ability would get activated when needed but nobody knows why, or how. The key was that they would get together and grow as a wondrous team.

However, as time went by, the legend was forgotten, and when they finally came, they had no path, no objective, no support. The world was no longer a small place where the Children of the Earth could naturally meet. The world had changed, and many things were no more as they were when the legend started. The power of the Children of the Earth was lost.

Little is known about them except from what we learned from the remains of some diaries found in an old library.. One and only one entry for each, where they talked about their powers and how they interpreted them, the consequences of their actions, and the type of life they led.

Chance led these diary entries to me and I made it my life goal to find out what became of these people, meant to be heroes, in a world where they could not unite, and had little to no understanding of what was happening to them. Some knew they had powers some guessed they were different, and some, simply lived their lives believing they were normal.

These are their stories.