The Birthday

I open my eyes and find myself laying in the forest, surrounded by wild life and sunlight. I feel at piece. Like this is where I belong.

I suddenly turn my head to see a beautiful brown wolf beside me. I don't know who it is, but I feel like I should.

I look around and notice the pack in their wolf forms surrounding us. I don't question it, the feeling of serenity truly filling me. The brown wolf suddenly nudges me and I smile. My heart is thumping wildly as I lock eyes with those beautifully familiar brown eyes. I can't help thinking that the wolf is mine, like he's an important part of me.

"Ari~"

Wait. I know that voice.

"Ari~"

I know only one person that calls me that.

I look towards the brown wolf and find those delicious, woodsy eyes staring back at me. For some reason, my mind can't think of the person's name. Until suddenly a hand shakes me and pulls me away.

"Ella!" I spring awake and look to see Bella and Charlie smiling at me. I narrow my eyes and look at the clock. I didn't have to wake up for another two hours and I glare at the two. "You guys better have a good reason for waking me up two hours before I was supposed to, or you both will get an earful." I threaten and Bella rolls her eyes at my awesomeness.

Charlie then clears his throat before holding out a present. I look at him and raise my brows and he smiles down at me. "Happy birthday kiddo." I widen my eyes and look at Bella and she laughs softly.

"You forgot didn't you?" I look away and purse my lips. I grab the present and grin at dad. "Thanks dad. You really didn't have to." Charlie looks away and I swear I saw a blush on his cheeks. "Well, your mother insisted. Open it."

I open the present and am confused by pieces of paper. I look at Charlie and he gestures for me to read them.

𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎  𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕   
 &   
 𝙳𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚍  𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕

𝘈𝘨𝘦𝘴: 25 & 30

ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ: ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ

ꜱᴏᴜʀᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ: ᴀɴɪᴍᴀʟ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ

ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀꜱ: ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ (ɴᴏᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ)

ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ʙᴜʀɪᴀʟ: ꜱᴇᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄᴇᴍᴇᴛᴇʀʏ

After I read it, my eyes filled with tears. "I was thinking, maybe you could drive to Seattle to see them." I look at Charlie and then grab him in a hug. "Thank you. But I didn't think mom knew that I knew." I let go and he looks at me with a mischievous look in his eyes. "Actually that's from me. This, however, is from your mother."

He pulled something out of his pocket and dangled it in front of me. Car key. Oh. My. GOD!

I squeal and jump him again. "Serously! Thank you thank you thank you!" 

I jump out of bed and grab the keys before racing down the stairs to see my already beloved car.