Epilogue

Stomping and grounding his feet on the doormat to dislodge the clumps of snow lodged at the base of his boots while juggling bags of groceries, Jeong-hyuk breathes a sigh of relief when he manages to unlatch the front door. It's a day away from Christmas and the quaint town is covered with snow, and as he glances at the porch before closing the door, he makes a mental note to clear the snow away later. Stepping in, he's immediately greeted by the warmth of their home.

As he places the bags on the side table, his gaze falls on the picture frames that's resting on it. There's a picture of him and Se-ri standing before each other in a beautiful church. One of the happiest days in their life. And then there's another recent picture of Se-ri, five months pregnant, standing at their garden, looking away from the camera, the sunlight catching her hair as it sets. A small smile spreads on his face as he recalls the day the picture was taken. He removes his long winter coat and places it on the coat hanger, revealing a red and black checkered plaid shirt underneath, with his sleeves rolled up.

"You're back!" He hears her voice and footsteps first before she comes into sight. His dimples pop when he sees her because she's wearing his sweater again with a pair of grey leggings, her small, but visible pregnant belly rounding the front. Her long curls are now shoulder-length, her face glowing. She came back from Seoul a week ago, and she's not flying off again, until the baby arrives.

"Here, let me help you," Se-ri offers as she grabs one of the bag, but Jeong-hyuk is quick to stop her.

"Don't worry, I've got it," he replies as he takes the bags and head towards the kitchen while she follows closely behind, her immaculate eyebrows knitted close together.

"I'm pregnant, not an invalid," she huffs. Ever since finding out she was pregnant, he's been a little too overprotective, much to her annoyance.

"You shouldn't be carrying heavy things," is what she hears him say gently as he places the bags on the kitchen island, "but you could help by unpacking them," he turns to her, pulling her close and placing a kiss on the top of her head. His cheeks are cold from the wind, but the warmth of his lips still makes her feel all tingly inside.

So, she starts to unload the groceries while he prepares the ingredients for dinner. And then she settles on the kitchen stool by his side, with elbows on the table, propping up her chin and watches him knead dough because she's been craving for his handmade noodles.

Though, he gets a little smudge of flour on his cheeks and a giggle escapes from her lips.

"What's wrong?" He stops and looks at her.

She grins, the smile reaching her eyes. "There's something on your cheek," she points to it. He tries to wipe it off but he smears it even more and she laughs.

"Let me help you Ri Jeong-hyuk -ssi," she says, her eyes twinkling mischievously, as she dips her fingers into the bowl of flour and brushes more flour on his face instead.

"Ya! Yoon Se-ri!"

She bends over with laughter, her hand shooting up to cover her mouth. A war is declared and he takes his revenge by cupping his flour-stained palms on her face. Shoving his hands away, she tries to escape but he pulls her close, arms wrapping around her waist, while she struggles to hold in her laughter. He looks a mess, with flour on his hair and face, and the way he's pouting makes him look even more adorable.

Se-ri is still smiling, but she reaches her hand out and starts wiping the flour off his face to make amends, while he stares at her, eyes bright and raw with love.

"What are you staring at?"

"You're pretty."

"Ah, I know."