20

"See you next year."

You hold in your laughter while staring at Taehyung who's kneeling down and was about to kiss the ground when Jimin pulled him.

"Hey! Its dirty!" He scolded the other, Taehyung pouted and stood up.

"Let's go in, we still have searching to do." Namjoon said and glanced at you before entering the cave.

Everyone tailed behind him, the younger men at the back kept on talking, preventing your walk to the castle from being quiet.

The eight of you arrived in front of the castle as they began to enter.

You looked back at the sky which turned into a mixture of orange and pink.

You took a deep breath and stepped inside the castle.

When the sun finally set down, the circular line that was securing the castle glowed blue, a glass dome rose up from the circular line and enclosed to the top of the castle, it glowed blue once again before turning invisible.

*

"Did you bring the clues?"

You asked Namjoon, all of you were in the study room. Some were searching, some were playing around, obviously missed each other.

He nodded and placed the papers and your notebook on the table.

You took it and called for everyone, you were surprised that they immediately attended to your call.

"These are the clues that Namjoon and I deciphered." You said and scattered the papers on the table.

Everyone frowned except you and Namjoon, all of them had one question in mind: Were you two seeing each other in that one week vacation?

They snapped out of their thoughts when your angelic voice resounded again.

"We have to try connecting the clues, it will surely lead us to the book."

Everyone nodded and crowded over the table, you didn't fail to notice the stares that they gave you when you were talking.

And you knew why.

They began to give their guesses but nothing seemed to have sense.

"Let's eat dinner first and continue this later." Jin announced.

"That's right! I missed your cooking, hyung!" Jimin said and smiled.

"Really? Help me prepare then." The younger pouted and had no choice but to follow his hyung.

While having dinner, everyone was still throwing their guesses regarding the clues.

Then you realised something as you turned to Namjoon with wide eyes, who's sitting on the other side of the table.

"Namjoon."

You only called for the principal but everyone turned to you which made you anxious.

You gulped, "We forgot to decipher your mother's riddle."

His eyes widened too, your eyes said the same thing as the both of you stood up and went back to the study room.

The boys were left frowning and still staring on where you exited.

"I think they're a bit close."

They all turned to Taehyung and gave him a glare, "It's not a bit, Tae."

He gulped when even Jungkook and Jimin was glaring at him, he gave them a peace sign as they continue to eat in silence.

*

"It will wither once the butterflies realise that the flower was there all along. They will fly to whence they came from with it." You read the riddle with a frown.

"Let's assume that we're the butterflies and the flower was the book. We will go back to where we came from— Wait, where did we came from?" Namjoon asked, frowning as well.

"From our mother's v—"

His eyes widened and immediately covered your mouth before something slip out from your lips.

You chuckled and removed his hand, "I'm an adult already, Namjoon. I'm not that innocent."

He shrugged and thought of what you've said, his eyes widening in realisation.

"My mom! Is she telling us that when we find the book we have to go to her? She's the one who gave this riddle in the first place!"

Your eyes widened as well, "You're right!"

"But why?" You added which made the joyous atmosphere shatter.

Silence filled the room, both of you falling into deep thought.

You suddenly yawned which made Namjoon look at you, "You should go to sleep."

You nodded, "Right. You should too, we need concentration in this one and an extreme focus."

He smiled, "Alright. Let's go."

You two exited the study room and went to your rooms.

Unknown to the eight people inside the castle that the time is running out.

--

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter :<