Coming home

"Mom, I'm going out!" I called as I was walking out the door.
"Ok, be home in time for dinner!" She shouted back.
"Kay!!!" I yelled as I closed the door.
I took my car and drove downtown to my favourite café to get a bite to eat. It was called Casa Cupacchino and it was really vintagey which I absolutely loved; my best friend Dylan and I used to come here together regularly, it was kind of our place and everyone who worked there knew us as the inseparable two regulars. It had been quite a while since Dylan had come with me to Casa though, as he'd been making more and more of his youtube videos and hitting it big time - he was even listed as an act on next years digi tour and he was back and forth between LA and home so he could really launch his career in music as a rapper. Don't get me wrong, I was so proud of him, but I just really missed swing him all the time - we talked on the phone and over social media but it just wasn't the same; I really missed and needed Dylan. He didn't know this, but I've had the biggest crush on him since we were little; by the time I was ready to tell him he had already got a girlfriend and I was left heartbroken, but I thankfully still had my best friend.
Bzzzzz. Bzzzzzz.
I looked down at my phone in my lap - speak of the devil; I answered.
"Hey!" I smiled.
"Hey you - how are you?"
"I'm fine Dylan - as always. You?" I asked.
"I'm great. What's been going on back home? Anything exciting?" Dylan inquired.
"Well, I did recently get my own car." I stated casually.
"Seriously?! What kind? Tell me tell me!" He got as excitable as a little kid.
"Ok, calm down." I laughed, "it's a nice blue truck with plushy interior, major tires, and the latest techy stuff."
"Awesome! You'll have to show me a picture!" He exclaimed.
"OOOOR you could come see it in person..." I hinted.
"Actually, about that - I'll be home again by tomorrow night." I could practically hear him smirking.
"Oh my god! Are you serious?" I exclaimed.
"Ya, I love LA - but I miss home and everybody there." I could almost see his frown.
"Hey, cheer up - you'll be back here again tomorrow sooner than you know it." I tried to cheer him up.
"Thanks Cayls - you always know what to say." Dylan chuckled.
"Hey, what are friends for," I mentally cringed at the mention of friends, "you know I'm always here for you."
"Ya, you always say that and you never let me down - you're the best." He said.
"What about your girlfriend?" I questioned with a frown.
"She's amazing, but you always have and continue to be here for me." He explained.
"What can I say, I lov- " I stopped talking.
"You what?"
"Nothing Dylan; I was only going to say that I like to be a good person." I recovered quickly.
"Well, I can agree with that 100 percent." I heard his smile, "I've gotta go - I'll see you soon Cayls."
"See you soon Dyl!"
I hung up and just pulled into the parking lot; why couldn't I say it? What was I even about to say - that I love him? I couldn't tell him that, it would make things a whole lot more complicated than they already were. I grabbed my purse and my laptop and headed into Casa.
"Hey! What'll ya have cutie?" The cashier, the elderly owner, smiled.
"Hi Mr.Dale! I'll have the regular with chocolate chip cookie please."
I got my money out and was greeted by my order and a friendly smile from the owner.
"I swear you're probably here enough to keep us open and running." Mr. Dale chuckled.
"I know; you guys are just too good here - I can't help myself." I laughed, handing over my money.
"Thank you hun, enjoy." He smiled.
I took my stuff and went to sit at my regular place on the nice couch by the small unlit fireplace. I got my laptop out and brought up twitter - checking up on Dylan. He seemed to be enjoying his time in LA still, and I was glad he was and that he had so much support from people around the world; it was the best thing I could ever ask for for him. I sighed longingly at the thought of missing him with him being so far away; I pushed those thoughts away and went to work on my writing. Dylan likes to make videos and rap, I liked to write - lyrics, stories, poems you name it and I write it. I was currently in the middle of writing a song for Dylan to cover and it was going to be his homecoming gift - I couldn't wait to see his reaction when I gave it to him, I couldn't wait to see him in a couple of days.