Chapter 4

We presented our invitations to the gate attendants.

          “So you’re the unknown partner of this Alex, huh?” Frissa greeted me, after looking at my invitation.

          “So lucky. Enjoy! Alex’s there.” She pointed on the right side of the hall. I searched for any face of Alex and with the imaginary powder dust my breath was taken away.

          I walked slowly toward her and believe it or not every people scattered on the floor gave their ways to me. I do not know how I look like now, but all I know is that they are all jaw-dropped with just looking at me.

          With a second, I am holding the hand of my princess, Alexandra Dalton. I told you this is no Cinderella story because I am a man and she is my princess.

          And I think I forget to introduce myself on the first part, but here I am revealing who I am. I am Theodore Hamilton, the son of my dad who died years from now and who have a step-mom and twin step-brothers.

          I am Theo, Margaret is my bestfriend and Alex is my princess.

          I smiled to Alex and her olive green eyes sparked in a very lovely way. I cannot even believe that I am dancing with her now. I mean, I am just a normal student who just kept on dreaming before to hold her this close.

          Well I am not popular but I can say that I am not the ugliest man in the world. I know that, but Alex is the most beautiful woman in the world. It is a perfect mismatch.

          “Do you want to go out? I mean the crowd’s bothering me a lot.” I tried speaking, her gaze never left my face.

          “You speak. Sure.” She smiled again and my heart started to smile. I really like her. She’s the one.

          The outside of the hall is the pool area. I never thought that it will be enchanting to be in here at night. Everywhere is sparkling along with her glowing face.

          The pool was deserted; it was only the both of us, a perfect time for my confession. “Who are you?” Alex talked again with here serene voice.

          “I am you’re partner, Alex.” I answered back.

          She chuckled sweetly and my night was completed.

          “I know. I think you need to remove your mask. I wanna see you.” She touched my shoulders and stared on my eyes, begging.

          “Tell me a good reason why I should remove this.” I questioned her and she felt challenged.

          Her answer was short, but long enough for me to reveal myself. “Because, I think I love you.”

          “Love at first sight.” She explained.

          I blushed; I can never thought of a good reason not to give her request.

          “I have been looking at you, long before. And I have a confession to do tonight.” I started preparing her.

          “But first I have to give you this.” I opened the necklace box for her. It is my ring as the pendant. The ring was from my childhood friend, which I forgot the name. She gave me that before we moved out from that country. She told me to give this to the girl whom I will truly love.

          She’s the one who made me believe on fairytales. She believes that this ring will bind me to the girl who will receive this. And I guess that, that girl is now in front me. She is Alex.

          “I must thank your childhood friend for this. I love it, thank you.” She let me feel that she really love the gift. It’s wonderful staring at her wearing the pendant, it seems like she owned it.

          “Now, I am about to tell you that...

          I know I am just a normal student, owning one of the faces in the crowd who’s all looking at you. I mean, Alex you’re perfect. I-” I didn’t finish my words because she held my hand which electrified all the ions on my body.

          “I’ve been with different people, dated a lot of men, but they are all the same craps. I really never felt the same as like this with someone else before. I must have met you.”

          “Do you really mean that Alex? I think I have to tell you that, my feelings for you are really something new for me as well. And I am...” The fireworks started to fly to the sky, making us both disturbed.

          The start of the fireworks made everything so magical. But not until when the realization popped from the bottom of my mind. Damn, it’s midnight!

          Twelve midnight. My time’s over and I have to leave. I stood up quickly and look at her for the last time.

          “I have to go.” I tried releasing my hand form her grip.

          “Wait, I thought you’ll gonna confess something. So why leave?” I know she’s lost and confused. But I really have to go.

          “It’s... I love you.”

          At last the words slipped out of my mouth. I have done it. She released me with a beautiful smile. She must be stunned.

          “Wait! When will I see you again?” She called back when I am about two meters away from her.

          “Soon.” With an instant I vanished.