Chapter 3

I drove as fast as I can to arrive early to the cafe. My mind was so set that I am not going to that night, but then it changed. And what I need to do now is to seek help to Linda.

          She is my last hope.

          “Oh, I think we can go to my friend Sebastian Kepler. He has a boutique, blocks from here.” With a snap of a hand we are there, searching for a perfect suit.

          I never thought we’ll end up with just buying a masquerade mask, a very exceptional one. “We’ll take only the mask Sebastian. Thanks!” She paid the price and we moved to her apartment.

          Linda must have a plan. Indeed, she has.

          Linda opened an old wardrobe on her room and picked a black suit. I tried it right away, and good thing it’s a perfect fit to me. I am really so lucky to have Linda on my back. She never fails to catch me.

          “Linda, this is so cool. Who owns this?” She bowed her head and smiled.

          “It’s my sibling’s suit..” Linda let the little tears in her eyes slip away. I sympathized to her, because I knew that she lost her only sibling.

          “I am sorry Linda. I cannot wear this anymore.” I tried removing it, but she held my hand and told me that it will all be okay because through me she remembers all the beautiful memories with her sibling.

          And that happiness is something which I cannot refuse her to have. I love Linda.

          A loud series of honks shook the whole apartment. It was Marga on her fairy outfit. We went out and Linda let me leave.

          “Look at you! You look like a human now. I never thought you’ll be as awesome as like that.” Marga praised with a little tone of silliness.

          “Thanks. You look good as well.” I answered.

          She parked her Maserati on the vacant lot. “I am scared.” I started trembling until she hugged me and told me it will turn out great.

          “You have a mask though. Alex will never recognize you that fast, believe me. Just don’t forget the sign okay?” She beamed a smile and the party started.